Environmentalist Icon Says He Overstated Climate Change

Geee

gaia-theorist-admits-errors-on-climate-change.htmInvestors Business Daily:

Cool Down: Not many years ago, a celebrated scientist predicted a global warming disaster awaited humanity. Today, that same scientist admits his warning was too "alarmist." It's time Al Gore turned his limousine around, too.

James Lovelock, father of the "Gaia" theory that the entire earth is a single living system, was one of the many voices that's predicted environmental calamity will result from carbon dioxide emissions.

He claimed in 2006 that "before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable."

But he has told MSNBC that he overstated the case and now acknowledges that "we don't know what the climate is doing."

"We thought we knew 20 years ago," he said. "That led to some alarmist books — mine included — because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn't happened."

The 92-year-old Lovelock notes that "the climate is doing its usual tricks" and concedes "there's nothing much really happening yet" even though "we were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now."

Lovelock hasn't fully changed course yet. MSNBC says he still believes climate change is occurring, though not as rapidly as he once thought.Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

I've got "beach front" property up in Alaska...the US's next "Miami"!!

I would not move to quickly on that Alaska plan.... Current Arctic ice extent is way over the 30 year average in the Alaska area. As a whole the Arctic ice is..... even with the 30 year average as of yesterday. Orange line below is 30 year average.

N_bm_extent.png

logicnreason

I've got "beach front" property up in Alaska...the US's next "Miami"!!

I would not move to quickly on that Alaska plan.... Current Arctic ice extent is way over the 30 year average in the Alaska area. As a whole the Arctic ice is..... even with the 30 year average as of yesterday. Orange line below is 30 year average.

N_bm_extent.png

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....all those facts!!!

But algore says.............................!!!