Romney taps aide Beth Myers to run search for VP running mate

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

election-2012TheWashingtonPost:

Posted at 10:18 AM ET, 04/16/2012TheWashingtonPost

Romney taps aide Beth Myers to run search for VP running mate

By Philip Rucker

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has tapped one of his longest-serving aides, Beth Myers, to lead his search for a vice presidential running mate, two campaign officials confirmed Monday.

Myers, a lawyer who served as chief of staff during Romney’s term as Massachusetts governor and who managed his 2008 presidential campaign, will oversee the vetting of potential running mates this spring. Myers, who has a long career in Massachusetts politics and has worked with Romney for 10 years, is one of his most trusted confidants and oversaw Romney’s preparation for the Republican primary debates.

Romney made the announcement Monday morning during the taping of an interview with ABC News anchor Diane Sawyer at Boston’s Fenway Park.

“I’ve asked her to be the person who oversees the process of the vice presidential selection and vetting an analysis and so she’s begun that process and is putting together the kinds of things you need to do to vet potential candidates,” Romney told Sawyer. He added: “I think it’s way too early to begin narrowing down who the potential vice presidential nominees might be, but we’re beginning that process.” Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

When I looked Beth Myers up this came up Director of Member Strength at SEIU Local 500 ---- did I get scared but like a bad dream I woke up and the Real Beth was ok.LMFAO.gif