North Korea rocket launch fails, US officials confirm

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

north-korea-reportedly-launches-rocketFox News:

DEVELOPING - North Korea's attempt Friday to launch a rocket has failed, according to U.S. officials.

A senior U.S. official who is receiving updates from U.S. military launch observers tells Fox News the rocket broke apart between 90 seconds and 2 minutes after launching.

Data suggests the rocket broke up in mid-flight inside the Earth's atmosphere. Officials tell Fox News the rocket did not fall into any populated areas, suggesting it fell into the ocean.

The rocket likely broke apart between the first and second stages of a three phase process.

A 2009 attempt by North Korea to launch a rocket also failed during its third stage.

Japan's Defense Minister Naiki Tanaka said, "We have confirmed that a certain flying object has been launched and fell after flying for just over a minute." He did not say what exactly was launched.

He said there was no impact on Japanese territory from the launch.

In Pyongyang, there was no word about a launch, and state television was broadcasting video for popular folk tunes. North Korean officials said they would make an announcement about the launch "soon."

________

Mini Me Jr.'s launch goes limp.

Well that is a shocker. I'd imagine we've already collected a few of the pieces. Actually, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that we sort of created most of those pieces.

Well that is a shocker. I'd imagine we've already collected a few of the pieces. Actually, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that we sort of created most of those pieces.

Cool! I like that thought.

Cool! I like that thought.

Scissors-32x32.png

OTOH you learn from failures not successes.

They'll be back.

Dont worry @Valin

With four more years of Barack 666 Obama they will not need to launch a thing. They will just become the 58th state.

SrWoodchuck

I wonder what the news story is in N. Korea?

Job Opening: North Korean Manned Space Flight, Next:

North Korea announced today that it will launch another rocket within 6 months, and it will be manned. Several top North Korean rocket scientists, engineers & fabricators are under extensive testing for the positions.

logicnreason

The North Korean Space Flight Failure Investigation Team had found a large section of the "O" ring seal that was between Stage One and Two.

Stamped indelibly on this piece of wreckage - now suspected of being the sole cause of the rocket's disintagration in flight - were the words, "Made in China".