Obama: Spouses should be left alone

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

gIQA9tOqCT_blog.htmlWashington Post:

Democrats have engaged in a full-court press in pushing back on strategist Hilary Rosen’s comment on CNN Wednesday night that as a wealthy stay-at-home-mom Ann Romney “never worked a day in her life.”

Rosen apologized to Romney Thursday, but only after kicking up a firestorm over stay-at-home motherhood and drawing a rebuke from the president himself.

“There is no tougher job than being a mom,” President Obama told a Cedar Rapids television station, mentioning his own wife and mother. He added, “I don’t have a lot of patience for commentary about the spouses of political candidates. My general view is those of us who are in the public life, we’re fair game. Our families are civilians.”

He was only the latest member of his own team to pile on.

“I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize,” campaign manager Jim Messina said in a tweet.

Top strategist David Axelrod chimed in: “Also Disappointed in Hilary Rosen’s comments about Ann Romney. They were inappropriate and offensive.”

Michelle Obama added, saying “every mother works hard, and every woman deserves to be respected.”

“As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is. As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen,” Rosen said in a statement Thursday afternoon. “I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended. Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.”

On Fox News Channel this morning, the wife of former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney said that staying at home and working are equally valid choices.

________

Going after Ann Romney backfires.

This is already 'old news' as far as the MSM is concerned. Hilary Rosen won't be called on the carpet for days on end like Rush Limbaugh was. But you knew that already.