Draggingtree

Draggingtree

mitts-man-whos-veep.htmlThe Liberator Today:

The Liberator Today

Unofficial Chief Ideologist of the San Diego tea party movement -

Government growth threatens our liberty and our prosperity

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mitt's the Man - Who's the Veep?

With Santorum suspending his campaign today, Mitt Romney is the presumptive nominee. Hooray, now we can offer our Vice Presidential picks and start working on defeating Obama. It's a long time to November and there is plenty of time for Romney to make up the little bit of distance that separates him in the national polling from Obama. Obama is currently the favorite on Intrade, but at 60% not the overwhelming favorite. Besides, there is a saying I took to heart a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away:

Romney isn't exactly the tea party candidate of choice, but to twist

from the Dark Knight: He's not the hero America deserves, but he's the one we need right now. Because we face an incumbent and a party committed to the endless expansion of the federal government into every corner of our life. (An aside, the latest tracking polls of registered voters show Obama ahead, but the only poll I saw of likely voters shows a tie.)

Mitt Romney has been hitting his stride. The contested primaries have made him a better candidate. Further, I find him sincere and compelling when he talks about the need for a society that can grow new businesses, free from oppressive regulation. I believe he means it, because he built a business himself. I think his credibility is rising in a nation that knows in its heart that more government is not the answer.

What about the Veepstakes? I liked Marco Rubio for tactical reasons, but Sir Charles resists due to a "birther" controversy? I am not sure I agree with him, but its worth thinking about. Conventional wisdom is that Romney needs to shore up his image with women, so Nikki Haley comes to mind Scissors-32x32.png