Apple’s hydrogen power plans fueled by Al Gore’s conflict of interest?

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

?test=latestnewsFox News:

A conservative think tank is making fresh conflict of interest allegations against consumer electronics giant Apple and its most famous board member, former vice president and green energy advocate Al Gore.

Apple plans to fuel a new data center in suburban Charlotte, N.C., partly by two dozen hydrogen power units from Bloom -- a revolutionary power company. But the National Center for Public Policy Research thinks the real winner may be not the planet, but the former vice president.

"Fuel cells are among the world's most expensive forms of generating electricity,” said Tom Borelli, Ph.D., director of the National Center's Free Enterprise Project. “Apple buying technology from Bloom Energy, where Gore has a financial stake, is a clear conflict of interest.”

Gore is one of eight members of Apple’s board of directors and sits on the board of Bloom Energy backer Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, according to the think tank, which earlier this year failed in a shareholder motion at Apple’s annual meeting also alleging conflict of interest against Gore.

“This is a really significant issue,” Borelli told FoxNews.com. “This is a clear conflict of interest. Al Gore’s investment and his partners’ investment in Bloom Energy should not be enhanced by Apple’s investment strategy.”

________

Al Gore and Apple are super serial!

pollyannaish

Haha! I thought the headline said the hydrogen power plant would be fuled by Al Gore and I thought...cool! It's good to see him being put to good use.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest though. This article makes it sound like this is unusual, but to be honest, I think this crony capitalist garbage is one of the worst corruptions of our government.