Home Depot Co-Founder: Obama Re-Election Will Cause "Despair"

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

home-depot-co-founder-obama-re-election-will-cause-despairForbes:

Home Depot Co-Founder: Obama Re-Election Will Cause "Despair"

Brian Solomon, Forbes Staff

4/09/2012 @ 11:52AM

The 2012 U.S. presidential election draws near, the rhetoric is ramping up — and politicians aren’t the only ones dishing hyperbolic rhetoric.

On Friday, in an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, billionaire Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus said that a second term for President Obama would bring “despair.” Marcus, whose net worth we estimated at $2.3 billion in March, has a long history of incendiary political statements — including calling Occupy Wall Street protesters “imbeciles.”Scissors-32x32.png

Here’s the clip and transcript from Fox News:

Hannity: If Barack Obama is re-elected, what do you see in your crystal ball?

Marcus: Despair. I speak to business people all the time, and I’m not talking about [CEO Jeff] Immelt from GE. He’s in a different world, he’s making a lot of money overseas. I’m talking about people who make their livelihood here, small business people that don’t have lobbyist in Washington. They are disheartened, they are uncertain about the future.

They are certain about one thing: that if he’s elected, that taxes will go up. They know that the cost of health insurance is going to go up, if Obamacare stays, they’re going to get killed with Obamacare. They know that the regulations are going to be there. And NLRB — there isn’t a firm out there that’s not going to be unionized. And if every firm is unionized, the free market is finished in the United States. We’re going to end up like Spain and Greece, and the U.K. and Germany and everybody else. Scissors-32x32.png

pollyannaish

I'm with you in that @Saltbag! The HD is my second home. And I'm a girl! (still wondering why my hubby hasn't returned the favor when it comes to fabric stores...)