Marvelous

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

The Washington Free Beacon

Marvelous

Column: Peevish POTUS has nothing to run on but demagogic attacks and demonization of Republicans

BY: Matthew Continetti -

April 6, 2012 5:00 am

Am I alone in thinking that President Obama seemed angrier and bitterer and clingier than usual this week? Then again, you would be angry too if your best chance for reelection lay in smearing the opposition.

The presidential tantrum began Monday during a joint press conference with the prime minister of Canada and the president of Mexico. Obama was visibly annoyed when a reporter asked him to comment on the troubled health care law and on Mitt Romney’s recent accusation that he “doesn’t have the same feelings about American exceptionalism that we do.” Rather than explicate his philosophy of American government and what separates it from all others, however, Obama dodged the question and predictably talked about himself. “My entire career has been a testimony to American exceptionalism,” he said, regurgitating an argument written more than four years ago by his favorite pundit.

What made the press conference exceptional, however, was the president’s response on health care. First he performed an act of moral blackmail by suggesting that any justice who votes to overturn Obamacare will be personally responsible for the medical condition of America. Then he added that it would be “extraordinary”—indeed, “unprecedented”—for the Court to overturn “a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.” Finally, in an egregious but revealing moment of spite, the president said that “conservative commentators,” who have criticized “judicial activism” in the past but who now argue for Obamacare to be overturned, are a bunch of shameless hypocrites. “And I’m pretty confident that this Court will recognize that.” Scissors-32x32.png
read more here http://freebeacon.com/marvelous/