The Sad Reality of Flexible Obama

Geee

article.php?id=50474Human Events:

Barack Obama has worked hard to portray himself as better than your average politician—as someone who would fundamentally change the way Washington works.

But every once in a while Barack Obama reveals his true self: a cynical political operator who is willing to hide his agenda from the American people in order to get elected. Yesterday was one of those times. A live microphone caught it all.

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this can be solved, but it’s important for [incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin] to give me space,” Obama explained to outgoing President Dmitry Medvedev.

“This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility,” he promised.

More flexibility for what? Caving to the Russians against the will of the American people?

Sacrificing national security to be more popular on the world stage.

Obama’s intent is clear: “Things will be different after November. But if I tell you what I really think now, I might lose the election.”

How depressingly cynical. How contemptuous of those he wants to re-elect him.

It begs the question: What other plans does he have for a second term that he isn’t advertising? What exactly would Flexible Obama do?

Really, let’s hope we never find out. But from Obama’s previous random acts of candidness, we can make a few guesses. Scissors-32x32.png