The Left’s Con Man Logic

Geee

the-lefts-con-man-logicPJMedia:

I have a question for all you leftists out there: are you stupid, or what?

Here’s the reason I ask. Approximately 127 years ago, when I was a young man just starting to make my way in the world, I was approached by a con man with an “investment opportunity.” He was plausible and I was, as I say, young, and I began to think of giving him some of my very hard-earned money. Finally, I said, “Okay, let me think it over, talk to my wife, and get back to you.” To which the man replied, “Oh, well, sure, if you need your wife’s permission….”

On the instant, the scales fell from my eyes and I knew I was being conned. Since my towering virility leaves me impervious to this sort of insinuation, it was immediately plain to me that the only purpose to the man’s remark was to get me to stop thinking and give him what he wanted. Why else would he try to make me feel bad about seeking the advice of the crown jewel of my heart, the partner of my fortunes and, let’s face it, the smarter half of my marriage?

And yet it seems to me that the twenty or so percent of the American population who see themselves as “liberal” or, in fact, leftist, fall for this sort of con man logic on a daily basis.

Take their hysteria over man-made global warming as a perfect example. After Al Gore’s dishonest documentary An Inconvenient Truth started the drumbeat, a liberal friend asked me what I thought of the situation. I told him that I had only just begun to seek out the facts and didn’t yet know the truth, inconvenient or otherwise — “But when a man tells me to turn over unprecedented amounts of power and money to him and his kind or the world will end… then tells me I’m like a Holocaust denier if I seek to confirm his facts… then assures me that ‘the debate is over,’ because there’s a ‘scientific consensus,’ (a wholly meaningless phrase)… well, look, I get suspicious!” My subsequent research confirmed me in the belief that the emergency is a fraud.Scissors-32x32.png