Online, liberals far less tolerant than normal people

Valin

pew-center-study-of-american-online-habits.htmIBD:

ANDREW MALCOLM

3/13/12

Not exactly shocking news for those exposed to them for years, but the respected Pew Research Center has determined that political liberals are far less tolerant of opposing views than regular Americans.

In a new study, the Pew Center for the Internet and American Life Project confirmed what most intelligent Americans had long sensed. That is, whenever they are challenged or confronted on the hollow falsity of their orthodoxy -- such as, say, uniting diverse Americans -- liberals tend to respond defensively with anger, even trying to shut off or silence critics. (i.e. photo above of President Obama reacting to Boston hecklers.)

The new research found that instead of engaging in civil discourse or debate, fully 16% of liberals admitted to blocking, unfriending or overtly hiding someone on a social networking site because that person expressed views they disagreed with. That's double the percentage of conservatives and more than twice the percentage of political moderates who behaved like that.

(Snip)

I can't say that I blame those on the left who do this, given the fact that we right wingers are stupid hate filled ignorent people. Lets face the hard cold brutal truth, we're the kind of people our mothers warned us against.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

I can't say that I blame those on the left who do this, given the fact that we right wingers are stupid hate filled ignorent people. Lets face the hard cold brutal truth, we're the kind of people our mothers warned us against.

So.......we're not "the people we've been waiting for.....?"