Coffee Shop

Rheo

WestVirginiaRebel

Geraldo: ‘The hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was’

“When you see a kid walking down the street, particularly a dark skinned kid like my son Cruz who I constantly yelled at when he was going out wearing a damn hoodie or those pants around his ankles,” Rivera said. “Take that hood off. People look at you and what’s the instant identification? What’s the instant association? Its crime scene surveillance tapes. Every time you see someone stick up a 7-Eleven, the kid is wearing a hoodie. Every time you see a mugging on a surveillance camera or get the old lady in the alcove, it’s the kid with a hoodie. You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta — you’re going to be a gangsta wannabe? Well, people are going to perceive you as a menace. That’s what happens. It is an instant reflexive action.”

Rivera compared the people’s reflex to hoodies to the reflex Fox News contributor Juan Williams revealed when he saw a Muslim on an airplane, which ultimately cost him his gig at National Public Radio.

“You cannot rehabilitate the hoodie. I understand that the reaction might be overzealous or even irrational in some extent, I mean, when you look at the statistics,” Rivera said. “But you’re not going to rehabilitate the hoodie. Stop wearing it! You know the old Johnny Cash song, ‘Don’t take your gun to town, son. Leave your gun at home.’ There are some things that are almost inevitable. I’m not suggesting Trayvon Martin had any kind of weapon or anything, but he wore an outfit that allowed someone to respond in this irrational, overzealous way and if he had been dressed more appropriately, I think unless it’s raining out or you’re at a track meet, leave the hoody home.”

I Like Obamacare because:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ILikeObamacare

because the SCOTUS was suffering so much with nothing else to do but listen to arguments about its unconsitutionality

Win-propels-McIlroy-to-No-1-ranking-J613EF3N-x-large_normal.jpeg

...naw who am I kidding. I lied

ehtxd51x_normal.jpg

because it's about time health insurance companies start doing their job rather than focus on their bottom line.

meg_normal.jpg

because if we all have it, we can do something about the insane prices of insurance.

sisters-reparation-rally.jpg

H/T Anchoress

More Here

It should be noted that the above link will take you to a (evil ultra radical woman hating) site, and spending any time there may make you believe that killing babies is a bad thing. You've been warned.

saveliberty

From Jamie The Very Worst Missionary

This is STILL not a food blog. But...

Scissors-32x32.png

I've been bakin' Picaken.

Yes. The incredibly odd "Picaken" has taken a foothold in my house, where we celebrated 3 birthdays in 3 weeks, each calling for its own version of Frankenstein's monster; a cake with a heart of pie.

IMG_1565.JPGIMG_1309.JPG

I already posted a play by play of my first Picaken experience; the diabolical grafting of a blackberry pie and a lemon cake. But people are still asking for the recipe (which I don't have, because I just make it up as I go), so here's a general guideline:

Step 1. WORK OUT. I am not kidding - go burn some calories. You'll thank me later.

Step 2. BAKE A PIE. Really. Any pie will do. If you aren't into baking pies from scratch, then buy one. I promise people will be too filled with horror and intrigue when they see that you've crossbred a pie and a cake to wonder whether or not the pie was fresh or frozen.

Step 3. PUT IT IN A CAKE. Pour about a cup of cake batter into a prepared springform pan, then... dump a pie in it. I really HATE this part. This is the awful, awful moment when you loosen a gorgeous, freshly baked pie from its tin and flip it into cake batter as if it wouldn't have tasted perfectly delicious all by its lonesome.

H/T Chocolate For Your Brain

H/T H/T The Anchoress's Blogroll

If it's Friday, it must be Doc. Dump time

(Snip)They were “working with the press”? Pray tell, who in the media knew about Solyndra’s imminent collapse and didn’t report it? For that matter, while the White House was working with the media, did they bother to inform Congress of the pending destruction of over a half-billion dollars in taxpayer money? The memos go on to describe high-level meetings in the White House to discuss the collapse of Solyndra, including one on August 29th, but so far nothing in the document dump suggests that anyone reached out to Congress to include them in the discussions.

But they worked with the press, which apparently didn’t report it until the White House gave them the thumbs-up. Good thing we have that independent media in this country keeping government honest, and all that.

(Snip)

Speaking of coffee:

handpresso-auto-xl.jpg

handpresso-auto-xl.jpg

HANDPRESSO AUTO

Don't have time to make yourself a proper cup of coffee before you head out for the day? Use the Handpresso Auto (€150; roughly $200) to brew up a jolting shot of espresso from the comfort of the driver's seat. Powered by your car's 12V cigarette lighter, the Handpresso takes water and E.S.E. coffee pods, and lets you know when your drink is ready with three audible beeps, so you don't need to take your eyes off the road.

Speaking of coffee:

handpresso-auto-xl.jpg

handpresso-auto-xl.jpg

HANDPRESSO AUTO

Don't have time to make yourself a proper cup of coffee before you head out for the day? Use the Handpresso Auto (€150; roughly $200) to brew up a jolting shot of espresso from the comfort of the driver's seat. Powered by your car's 12V cigarette lighter, the Handpresso takes water and E.S.E. coffee pods, and lets you know when your drink is ready with three audible beeps, so you don't need to take your eyes off the road.

So..... who's driving?

Sonnie Johnson! Remember her name......she's a force to be reckoned with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T39Csty6fkc&feature=player_embedded

H/T:DougRoss@Journal

So what is the most important thing to remember about Sonnie Johnson?

A. She's a Tea Party Racist

or

B. She hates women and wants to keep them oppressed,

or

C. she's a (cue the theme from Jaws) Sarah Palin supporter?