The Anti-Islamist Muslim Voice

Valin

11371#.T1tEVnkmfIIArutz Sheva:

Prof. Phyllis Chesler

3/8/12

Mention terrorism and Islam in the same breath and instant accusations of "Islamophobia" and "racism" are sure to follow.

Ever since 9/11, when 19 Arab-Muslims hijacked three airplanes in the name of Islam to murder 3,000 civilians in New York and Washington, D.C., Americans have been told that Muslims are really the victims and that we must consult with Muslim groups such as the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) or the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) to be further enlightened.

As of today, this is no longer true. A new organization of Muslim voices has finally arisen. From now on, the *American Islamic Leadership Coalition (AILC) is the Muslim group with whom government leaders, media, academics, and human rights groups must now consult.

(Snip)

Two views of this rally

From The Left

From The Right

* American Islamic Leadership Coalition

Interesting.

I'd like to think it was true but the skeptic in me......

Ever wonder how all these Islamic terrorist attacks are uncovered?

Interesting.

I'd like to think it was true but the skeptic in me......

Ever wonder how all these Islamic terrorist attacks are uncovered?

Good point.

I know it's NOT because we're that good.

@Evad

The problem is there are two different views

Mainly on the Left we see the view that says Islam & Muslims is not the problem. Oh sure there are some Muslims but (and here I speak of todays time) the real problem is us. See John Esposito

The other side of the coin, mainly on the Right says no Islam is the problem (and the only problem) and all Muslims are not to be trusted, should be rounded up, deported. See Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch)

Bother sides are wrong. Wrong as they are both simplistic, and for many no argument will convince them they are wrong. This is one of the reasons I left TOS, I just got tired of fighting...well idiots.

@Evad

Mainly on the Left we see the view that says Islam & Muslims is not the problem. Oh sure there are some Muslims but (and here I speak of todays time) the real problem is us. See John Esposito

The other side of the coin, mainly on the Right says no Islam is the problem (and the only problem) and all Muslims are not to be trusted, should be rounded up, deported. See Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch)

Bother sides are wrong. Wrong as they are both simplistic, and for many no argument will convince them they are wrong. This is one of the reasons I left TOS, I just got tired of fighting...well idiots.

@Evad

When faced with opposing scenarios like this, I usually rely on logic and what makes sense to me.

If we make the assumption that today's media is pro moslem, WHY don't we hear anything about these "helpers" from them?

Can we assume it's because they wouldn't want to "blow their cover"? If so, it's never stopped them in the past.

On the other hand, if we assume that all muslims are bad and all we ever needed to know about muslims, we learned on 9-11, how do we explain the answer to the question that you posed earlier?

As I said before, I don't think "we" are that good so it must be something else that has helped prevent these attacks. It can't just be good luck.

Maybe there are some good muslims and maybe they are helping.

I personally don't know.

Taking the information in this article at face value, I would say the AILC is a good thing. It appears their intentions are good.

I think what upsets most people in America is how our media, judicial systems, educational systems, et al, roll over and give the more militant Islamists a free pass when conflicts arise.... all under the cloak of 1st Amendment.... but something they won't do for Jews or Christians under the identical circumstances. That disparate treatment with a snobby attitude really gets people's goat.

Taking the information in this article at face value, I would say the AILC is a good thing. It appears their intentions are good.

I think what upsets most people in America is how our media, judicial systems, educational systems, et al, roll over and give the more militant Islamists a free pass when conflicts arise.... all under the cloak of 1st Amendment.... but something they won't do for Jews or Christians under the identical circumstances. That disparate treatment with a snobby attitude really gets people's goat.

That's part of it. I don't like them, but I must admit CAIR is very good at their job.