“Guess What? Stealing Is Still Wrong

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

occupymusicindustry-lost-logan-lynnThe Other McCain:

Posted on | March 9, 2012 |

by Smitty

The full feed from the Puffington Host brings in the occasional gem like Logan Lynn: “Guess What? Stealing Is Still Wrong

I listend to a couple of his acoustic tracks, and think his acoustic stuff compares favorably with Jack Johnson. Which makes this amuzing:

I know this is the part where all the kids and hipsters start to roll their eyes and say things like, “You just don’t get it, grandpa,” and, “It’s freedom of speech,” but I don’t actually believe that stealing my intellectual property is your constitutional right. Sorry, everybody. I get that you are used to consuming music like it’s chewing gum, but those days are numbered. I’m glad that file sharing companies are getting shut down, and I’m happy that the people who have been stealing from me and my fellow record-makers all these years are going to pay for their crimes (or at least stop doing illegal piracy facilitation business as usual). Organizing a $180,000 heist would get you sent to prison Scissors-32x32.png

ohmy.png

Wrong? Wrong! Aren't we being just a little judgmental? Remember, one persons stealing is anothers protest against greed.

WestVirginiaRebel

The music industry has been complaining about the technology since the days of home recording, and I remember when they wanted to ban that too, for similar reasons.

Physical product is vanishing. It's not the listener's fault that the music industry never learned to adapt.

The music industry has been complaining about the technology since the days of home recording, and I remember when they wanted to ban that too, for similar reasons.

Physical product is vanishing. It's not the listener's fault that the music industry never learned to adapt.

This is a part of what I have been talking about lately. We are in the middle of a giant in history. A change on the level that happened in the 15th 16th century. I'm not just talking technology, although that's part of it (for good or ill). I'm also talking politically, we are at the end of the large bureaucratic state, not that it will gentally into that good night. Where this will, I don't know, but it will be very different.