We Don't Belong There

Draggingtree

www.americanthinker.comamerican thinker:

February 28, 2012

We Don't Belong There

Ned Barnett

Amidst riots spreading throughout Afghanistan, four American soldiers have been shot dead -- two by a uniformed Afghan soldier and two by an Afghan Interior Ministry official assigned to work with those Americans. Four dozen Afghanis are also dead, while scores of Afghans, as well as American and NATO troops have been injured. Tens of thousands of Afghanis are outraged over the unintentional burning of four copies of the Koran -- but they've ignored an important fact. These once-Holy books, which they so publicly cherish, had already been defiled. Not by Americans, but by fellow Muslims.

The BBC reports that four desecrated copies of the Koran were being used by captured Muslim terrorists to pass messages among fellow prisoners. The Washington Times confirmed this, reporting that defiled copies of the Koran contained extremist messages and inscriptions. These radical Muslim prisoners ignored the prohibition on even touching the Koran without first purifying themselves, perverting Holy texts into tools of propaganda.

Yet the Afghan-in-the-street crowds are not protesting the acts of those Muslim terrorists who defiled their own Holy books. The Karzai government is also ignoring the acts of the incarcerated Muslim terrorists, who had no compunction about violating the purity of their own sacred Koran. They've gotten a "free pass" for their acts of desecration while all blame -- both official and unofficial -- is heaped on Americans

As soon as American officials realized what had been done, our commanding General -- then the President himself -- admitted our unintended mistake and credibly apologized to the Afghan people.

The response of officials in Afghanistan says everything we need to know about our so-called Allies.

• Reuters and the Washington Post report that Afghan Prime Minister Karzai is demanding NATO put the troops who burned the Koran on public trial and bring them to justice, Scissors-32x32.png

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/02/we_dont_belong_there.html#ixzz1nh7uDmsf

While I wish nothing more than the safe return of all troops from the war zone, there is some speculation that the Obama regime is using their idiot apologizing foreign policy....to alter conservative America's views on Afghanistan & Pakistan......so that Obama can use a speedier exit strategy to his advantage this fall.......as in....."see, another promise kept....I got us out of TWO wars...."

Edited to add: It would not be out of form for OBOWMA to use the recent deaths, as well as the sacrifice of those that have already served & those that have already died.....as well as our strategic regional interests....to gain any advantage in the 2012 election.

Edited by SrWoodchuck

@Draggingtree

I wonder if...

A. Mr. Barnett has asked myself one small question before he published this drivel? 4 words...And Then What Happens?

B. I also wonder if he is aware that it is 14 hours flying time from Kabul to Knoxville?

He may know a great deal about marketing, but he knows diddly squat about foreign affairs.

@SrWoodchuck

You may be onto something. But I don't think these guys are all that smart.....as always I could be wrong.