Wisconsin governor will not challenge recall signatures

clearvision

us-campaign-wisconsin-recall-idUSTRE81Q1M820120227Reuters:

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker will not challenge any of the more than one million signatures gathered by opponents to force a vote to recall the controversial Republican, saying his campaign did not have enough time to review them.

Walker faced a deadline Monday to file challenges after a Dane County judge granted him a 20-day extension beyond the 10 days allotted under state law. Walker also sought an additional two weeks but was turned down.

"We faced an impossible timeline," Walker spokeswoman Ciara Matthews told wispolitics.com. Scissors-32x32.png

State Democratic Party chair Mike Tate said Walker's claims of not having enough time are "bordering on the absurd." He said the Republican party received help from thousands of volunteers during the last month in its effort to review petitions.

"After months of hearing about supposed fraud, months of hearing about Mickey Mouse, they can't give us one example, not one, of a fraudulent signature," Tate said. Scissors-32x32.png

The Government Accountability Board (ain't that a laugh) has refused to give him any more than 15 days(times up) to verify what is supposed to be a million(NOT) signatures. The process requires that the signatures be recorded at least 3 times. This is to preclude any error on the part of the person entering the info into the program.

We are still entering signatures and are 95% done. Even if it does not stop the recall, the results made public will show the treachery of these people. About 1/3 of the signatures are unreadable. They look like a 3 Y.O. wrote them. This is partly what is taking the time. Just trying to read the info. They marched up to the capitol with all these boxes of petitions and made a big show of it. Many of the pages have only one or two people on them. People have found many repeat signatures, as well as Mickey Mouse etc. I personally has a person with the last name of Watermelon. This is without the program which checks for repeats, phony addresses, phony names,residents, felons and many other things that would preclude someone from signing.

The GAB says that it is their result that will stand and they are almost exclusively Dem Hacks.

We have not only been doing the governor, but were trying out the program before his petitions were available on some State Senators that they (I must have my way even if I lose Dems) were trying to recall. We have stopped some of them.

I guess our only hope is that they lose and would be extra nice if they lose big time!!

@clearvision. I believe this kind of 'politics of reversal' started with the recount in Florida. The Democrats refuse to lose even when they lose. For people to applaud these cowards when they first fled the state( ala Texas) was ludicrous. Your donation will be greatly appreciated thanks. This will affect future elections all over the country should he lose. Color me upsetangry.png

Walker watch: Wisconsin gov. expects to run against "big union bosses from Washington"

Accepting the inevitability that he will face the voters of Wisconsin in a recall election most likely held in June, Republican Gov. Scott Walker told HUMAN EVENTS that he doesn’t care which Democrat he faces and he will run against what he called “the big union bosses from Washington DC.”

During a break from the National Governors Association meeting in Washington this weekend, Walker pointed out to us that the chief bankrollers of the movement to recall him “are the National Education Association, the AFL-CIO, the American Federation of State County, and Municipal Employees [AFSCME] and all the public employee unions.

“In February and March, they were the ones who launched the attacks against us when we started the movement to reform [how much state employees contribute to their retirement programs, which eventually became law in the Badger State. They were behind the attempt to recall a [state] Supreme Court justice in April, and they put an estimated $44 million in the recall of [Republican] state senators [in which some were unseated but the GOP retained control of the senate by one seat].”

Scissors-32x32.png

“Oh, the hysteria from those on the left is incredible,” Walker laughed, “Look, he’s citing a few figures from last year—a snapshot at the end of the year. Right now, unemployment is 7.1 percent, the lowest since ’08 and we’ve created 150,000 new jobs [since Walker became governor]. And we have a balanced budget. Just contrast that to Illinois, where the Democratic governor and Democratic legislature raised taxes and the results were the opposite—economic meltdown, unemployment at 9.8 percent. and the budget process a wreck. That’s where those who want a recall in Wisconsin want to take us back to.”

Scissors-32x32.png

“It doesn’t matter who I face,” Walker said, “I will be running against the big money from Washington—and those who want us to go back to where we were.”

What matters...what really matters here in WI as elsewhere is if the voters of the state will stand up for their elected Governor or not. If they wil - no doubt the left will mount yet another campaign to recall him, or find some legal issue on which to challenge his administration.

For all the hype from the right that "unions are dead", it just isn't true. The unions in this land have huge amounts of funds and rabid supporters. Given a target, they can bring incredible power to bear on it.

Of course, here in WI, the state does not believe elections hold any power. We use recalls for any and all reasons if we don't care for the individual who got the most votes. In fact, the vote is used as a springboard for the losing side to get rid of the one they don't want.

Screwy state....but hey! It is Wisconsin!

That said....watch out for the unions and their backers. They have the power...and the right does not have the will or the leadership to fight back. Just wait until the current federal regime begins its campaign in earnest! We're going to witness a bloodbath.