Why the Climate Skeptics are Winning

Rokke

why-climate-skeptics-are-winning_631915.htmlThe Weekly Standard:

The forlorn and increasingly desperate climate campaign achieved a new level of ineptitude last week when what had looked like a minor embarrassment for one of its critics​—​the Chicago-based Heartland Institute​—​turned out to be a full-fledged catastrophe for itself. A moment’s reflection on the root of this episode points to why the climate campaign is out of (greenhouse) gas.

In an obvious attempt to inflict a symmetrical Climategate-style scandal on the skeptic community, someone representing himself as a Heartland Institute insider “leaked” internal documents for Heartland’s most recent board of directors meeting to a fringe environmental blog, along with a photocopy of a supposed Heartland “strategy memo” outlining a plan to disseminate a public school curriculum aimed at “dissuading teachers from teaching science.”

This ham-handed phrase (one of many) should have been a tipoff to treat the document dump with some .  .  . skepticism (a trait that has gone missing from much of the climate science community). But more than a few environmental blogs and mainstream news outlets ran with the story of how this “leak” exposed the nefarious “antiscience” Neanderthals of Heartland and their fossil fuel paymasters. But the strategy memo is a fake, probably created because the genuine internal documents are fairly ho-hum. It seems the climate campaign is now taking its tactics from Dan “fake but accurate” Rather.Scissors-32x32.png

It's the only way liberals can get anything done. They have to lie. Ironically, as I boarded my flight this morning I listened to an idiot talking about how the Bush administration tried to repress "real science" from revealing the depth of global warming. These "enlightened" people have no idea how duped they really are. Nor do they care.

It's the only way liberals can get anything done. They have to lie. Ironically, as I boarded my flight this morning I listened to an idiot talking about how the Bush administration tried to repress "real science" from revealing the depth of global warming. These "enlightened" people have no idea how duped they really are. Nor do they care.

@Rokke

It is amazing how omnipotent The Bush Administration was.... Controlling information, thought and understanding. Not only on climate, but the state of the economy, and everything else... All this was hidden not only from mortal citizens but from the highest elected officials in all parts of the government.

For three years we've heard from a former US Senator who now sits in the Oval Office... "I had no idea that the economy was in such bad shape when made those promises!" GWB even hid the info from him during O's first 2.5 years in office. Now that is power.

On the other had, the O can be responsible for nothing bad including rising gas prices... "I can't control gas prices!"

Very cunning and impressive capabilities by GWB... "The dumbest president in history."

Rokke!

I trust you dispatched him with your usual cogent explanation of the factswink.png ...

or was it, "To hell with this idiot, he just isn't worth the effort"?

I was in a bad mood and just wanted to get home. He and his kid were the first two people I noticed when I got out of the hotel van, with severe bedhead. So I guess it just makes sense that they were basically brain dead.