Jeb Bush bashes Republican presidential field for stoking ‘fears’ during the campaign

Pepper

c51cffe129c164c896766af2504e79fa?s=80&d=wavatar&r=GThe New York Daily News:

Jeb Bush bashes Republican presidential field for stoking ‘fears’ during the campaign

Bush says candidates should be looking over the horizon with a 'broader perspective'

By Jonathan Lemire / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, February 24, 2012, 11:38 AM

Jeb Bush slammed the current slate of Republican presidential candidates, saying it was “troubling” that the group was playing to people’s fears.

Bush, the dream candidate of many Republicans unhappy with the current slate of contenders, likely fueled those flames with his criticism of the 2012 field.

“I used to be a conservative, and I watch these debates and...I don’t think I’ve changed,” Bush said during an appearance Thursday, according to reports.

Scissors-32x32.png

Read more:

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1027995

He must be tuned to a different channel. I don't hear candidates stoking fears. The only one fear mongering is Obama himself.

People are afraid of what 4 more years of Obama can do to destroy this nation - based solely on what Obama has already done, doofus.

He must be tuned to a different channel. I don't hear candidates stoking fears. The only one fear mongering is Obama himself.

People are afraid of what 4 more years of Obama can do to destroy this nation - based solely on what Obama has already done, doofus.

The candidates are stoking my fears (and anger) in the way they keep going after each other instead of going after Obama.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

http://www.rushlimba...y_governor_bush

I have all the respect in the world for Jeb Bush, but I really wonder how many Republicans actually understand what's going on? Fear and emotion? Governor Bush, the people of this country are scared to death without the Republicans saying a word! Republican conservative primary voters are already scared of what's being done to their country.

." You wouldn't believe the e-mails. "Rush, women's brains can't compute this way. You're making a big mistake here just by bringing this up." Oh, so we can't defend all these great traditions, but the left can attack them? The left can attack them and rip them apart and tear them down, and that's good politics? Is that what we're to believe?

We're supposed to sit by while great traditions and institutions like marriage are ripped to shreds. Obama just, as a dictator would, demands that contraception be free and paid for. He can't do that! We're supposed to not say a word because "Obama's on the right side, here. That's good politics" We conservatives are on defense on these matters. We're not trying to change the world. We're trying to preserve it! I'm just gonna tell you: For all of you friends and not who are telling me to leave this stuff alone, please take it somewhere else. If you don't have the desire to defend this stuff, then don't get mad at me, because I do. Because I am not gonna join the side of this that says, "The good politics, the smart politics, the side of this you want to be on politically is to tear down these traditions and institutions."

I am not going there. I'm not gonna go there to attract a larger audience. I'm not gonna go there to avoid criticism. We're not the ones that issued the rule violating the First Amendment. They did! We didn't go to federal court to impose our will and to claim that the will of the people is unconstitutional. They did! We are not the ones doing social experiments with the US military. They are! And yet we're divisive? We're anti-modern? We're unfocused? We're old-fashioned? We're racist, sexist, bigot homophobes? I'm sorry, I am not gutless. And, by the way, I discussed economic issues and every other aspect of Obama long before anybody else got to the table. While everybody else was afraid to be critical of Obama, I was not.