Feds sue anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan over back taxes

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

Anti-war-activist-wtsp.com:

SACRAMENTO, CA (KXTV) - The federal government has filed a lawsuit to force anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan to provide her financial records to the Internal Revenue Service.

An IRS revenue officer said Sheehan refused to answer any questions about her finances after receiving a summons at her Vacaville home.

Photo Gallery: Pictures of anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan

The U.S. Attorney's office on Tuesday filed a petition to enforce the IRS summons.

According to IRS revenue officer Jose Arteaga, the financial information may be relevant to the collection of Sheehan's federal income tax liabilities for tax years 2005 and 2006.

Arteaga said Sheehan first met with him on Nov. 22 and sought an extension to Jan. 17. It was during the January meeting that she refused to answer any questions or produce the requested documents.

Sheehan said she's always been up front with the IRS and has no intention of paying her taxes. She says the government has already taken enough from her.

"If they (federal government), can give me my son back, I'll pay my taxes, but that's not going to happen," Sheehan said.

The summons ordered Sheehan to produce bank account statements for the period from August through early November 2011.

________

Cindy Sheehan, deadbeat...