Breaking: Federal agents arrest man who allegedly planned suicide bombing on U.S. Capitol

Valin

gIQAtYZ7JR_story.html?wpisrc=al_nationalWashington Post: William Branigin and Del Quentin Wilber

February 17 2012

The FBI and the U.S. Capitol Police arrested a Moroccan man Friday in downtown Washington after a lengthy investigation into an alleged plot to carry out a suicide attack on the Capitol.

Amine el-Khalifi, 29, was picked up while carrying an inoperable gun and a fake suicide vest provided to him by undercover FBI agents posing as al-Qaeda associates, U.S. officials said.

Khalifi, an illegal immigrant living in Alexandria, Va., had been under investigation for about a year and had overstayed his visitor visa for years, the Associated Press reported, citing a counterterrorism official and a government official briefed on the matter.

(Snip)

@Valin

@RandyM

Amine el-Khalifi, Khalifi, an illegal immigrant living in Alexandria, Va.

With all these incidents there must be some commonalities, but for the life of me, I just cannot seem to connect the dots....

censored.gif

@Valin

@RandyM

Amine el-Khalifi, Khalifi, an illegal immigrant living in Alexandria, Va.

With all these incidents there must be some commonalities, but for the life of me, I just cannot seem to connect the dots....

censored.gif

I'm thinking High level panel to look into this strange and perplexing mystery. I've got time on my hands, they give me...? 75-80k a years and pre diem I'm there!

Of course the 1st question is where to put the head quarters...Palm Springs, Vail, Toledo Oh?