Can Republicans Avoid a Debacle?

Geee

can-republicans-avoid-a-debaclePjMedia:

To say the least, things do not look good for the Republicans at this moment. Rasmussen polls released Tuesday showed Romney trailing Obama at 49 to 42 and Santorum lagging even further behind at 41. No word on Gingrich, but it’s hard to be optimistic.

According to the pollster: Among unaffiliated voters, the president leads Romney by 10 and Santorum by 16.

Yikes. For those who don’t want to see a second Obama administration this is, as Riley used to say, “a revoltin’ development.”

And it gets worse. The candidates, bunched closely together in the polls and looking to separate themselves, are too busy denigrating each other to pay much more than temporary lip service (except on the evening of a primary victory) to the main enemy in the White House who expands his lead over them even while his own approval rating is a dismal -11.

What seemed even weeks ago as potentially a banner year for Republicans now appears a potential debacle. Not only is the continued loss of the presidency (Intrade now has Obama’s reelection at 60%) and the Senate an increasing likelihood, the loss of the House looms as a possibility.

The Republicans have only themselves to blame. Sure they have to contend with a dishonest and biased media, not to mention a meretricious administration honed on Chicago and Alinksy — but this is a surprise? In reality, what the Republicans mostly have to contend with is themselves in an endless roundelay of “Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who’s the most conservative of all?” – a game more befitting a theocracy than a democracy.Scissors-32x32.png

No wonder the candidates look so unsatisfactory. The system has been rigged – and the Republican Party has allowed it to be rigged – against the Republicans and in favor of the incumbent. So we are left with tarnished candidates poised to compete with a president (himself a total failure) who has barely had to break a sweat as the polls tilt in his favor. If this continues, he will waltz back into office. What an abysmal prospect for us and for our children.

Another question should be asked, why other candidates didn't run?

On a positive note if Romney is the GOP candidate (as our betters keep telling us he will be, if he loses, we could finally drive a stake into the It's My Turn candidates, that our betters keep putting up.

That's not much of a positive note....sad.png

I didn't say it made my heart sing with joy. If he is the candidate I will support him. I mean he's better than McCain, and I supported him when he was the candidate. Just looking ahead in case he does lose...and I'm not convinced he won't.

I could force myself to be for Mitt if I thought he could beat O but looks like it's going to be vote for Mitt and watch O win again. Tired of having to vote for people like Dole, McCain and now looks like Mitt

That's not much of a positive note....sad.png

I didn't say it made my heart sing with joy. If he is the candidate I will support him. I mean he's better than McCain, and I supported him when he was the candidate. Just looking ahead in case he does lose...and I'm not convinced he won't.