Romney Takes Lead In Early Nevada Returns

clearvision

index.htmlCNN:

Mitt Romney took a large lead as the first returns started coming in from the Nevada Republican presidential caucuses on Saturday.

With 3% of the results in, Romney had about 52% of the vote in while Rep. Ron Paul and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich trailed far behind with 20% and 19% respectively.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, who had largely bypassed the state, had 9% of the vote. Those numbers were gathered from vote counters at caucus sites across the state. :snip:

------

Newt really needs to beat Paul here.

Well, we're pretty much doing nothing today at my house. Maybe I'll go turn the tv on and listen to what's going on.

Well, we're pretty much doing nothing today at my house. Maybe I'll go turn the tv on and listen to what's going on.

I am going to wait and catch it on TRR.

I know this is completely immaterial, but I sure like Mrs. Romney better than Mrs. Gingrich. I could hang out with Mrs. Romney.

I know this is completely immaterial, but I sure like Mrs. Romney better than Mrs. Gingrich. I could hang out with Mrs. Romney.

I am going to wait and catch that too on TRR.

Well, you know how much we like to cover the super important stuff here on TRR. We bring the avi to the gravitas.

Ok. I have to admit that I've hated most of her movies over the years. But I actually enjoyed her in Julie and Julia (and wished they'd just dumped the Julie part. Julia Child is a fascinating person.), I liked her in Devil Wears Prada, because she was perfectly cast...and of course the guilty pleasure of every woman...Mama Mia which was so terribly bad it was delicious. But its totally a girl thing so you're absolved @Pepper.

freddoso freddoso

RT @JVLaB: Ron Paul wins Nye Co., NV again! Bunny Ranch & Area 51!!

freddoso freddoso

Only two counties matter in Nevada. Neither has reported any results yet.

Nevada entrance poll: Romney wins big....Michael Barone

Geography. Romney leads in Clark County with 63% of the vote, to 17% for Paul and 14% for Gingrich.

This presumably doesn’t include the one precinct being kept open late to accommodate Jewish voters who felt bound not to vote until after sundown.

Clark County includes Las Vegas and 70% of Nevada’s population; it is more Democratic than the rest of the state and cast just 55% of the votes here.

Since Clark County reports late, we can expect Romney’s percentage to rise there. Washoe County, which includes Reno, cast 22% of the vote and went 42% for Romney, 27% for Gingrich and 23% for Paul. In the rest of the state, sometimes referred to as the Cow Counties, went 48% for Romney, 26% for Gingrich and 21% for Paul.

Ron Paul's people are working really hard to caucus big here in Washington State this year since we switched. I am positive they will come in second here. They've called me twice already and I've gotten a TON of Robocalls for him. Our caucuses/Straw Poll is on March 3. I've received nothing from either the Romney or Gingrich campaigns.

Townhall Election Results 2012

Nevada Caucus

Mitt Romney Votes: 1,807 39%

Newt Gingrich Votes: 1,156 25%

Ron Paul Votes: 1,017 22%

Rick Santorum Votes: 604 13%

last updated: 2/4/2012 9:26:03pm

8% of precincts reporting

philipaklein Philip Klein

CNN not ready to call second place yet, too close

2 minutes ago

philipaklein Philip Klein