Bradley Manning Heading To Full Court Martial

Valin

bradley-manning-heading-to-full-cout-martialHot Air: Jazz Shaw

2/3/12

The long, deliberative military process has finally reached the top of the food chain. Reports are coming out today that Maj. Gen. Michael S. Linnington has followed the recommendations of the preliminary hearing and will send Bradley Manning to Court Martial for a variety of crimes including aiding the enemy in a time of war.

The commander of the Military District of Washington has ordered a court-martial for Pfc. Bradley E. Manning, the former intelligence analyst accused of giving hundreds of thousands of classified documents to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks.

(Snip)

(Snip)

While Manning would normally qualify for death (likely before a firing squad) all current reports indicate that the prosecution will only seek life in prison. Either way, the investigation has gone on long enough that the Army clearly feels they have the goods and can deliver a case sufficient to obtain a conviction. The current odds would indicate that Manning will likely never see the outside of a prison again.

(Snip)

@pollyannaish @RandyM

Given modern enlighten attitude, you're well in the mainstream

OTOH and given his (alleged) treason cost a number of people their lives....

The price of a bullet vs. the price of 60 years in prison.

@pollyannaish @RandyM

OMG!! I was only referring to the life sentence the prosecution is contemplating. I most assuredly believe he should get a bullet and I would gladly volunteer to be a member of that firing squad.

@pollyannaish @RandyM

OMG!! I was only referring to the life sentence the prosecution is contemplating. I most assuredly believe he should get a bullet and I would gladly volunteer to be a member of that firing squad.

We could hold a raffle! This could be a real money maker! biggrin.png

Ha! And I was simply referring to the full court martial part.

I am thinking I may be an ugly RINO afterall!

See this is the problem we really really smart real conservatives have with you shallow RINOs. You're never thinking ahead. You're always going on and on and on and on about reaching across the aisle, and finding common ground, and consensus, and moderation. When we REAL conservatives just ask our selves the really important question...How big of a gun do we need to kill these people? After all nothing says, My you have made some very valid points, but I believe you should rethink your position, and possibly reassess its possible ramifications....like an 18'' rifled cannon.

They should just use him in some live fire exercise. A trial brings out the loopdeloops and weinies and MSNBC, but I repeat myself.