The Republican Establishment's Strategic Blunder

Rokke

the_republican_establishments_strategic_blunder.htmlAmerican Thinker:

The Republican Party has a tenuous hold on the conservative movement in America. At present the only home for the 40 per cent of the electorate that identify themselves as conservative is the Republican Party, but it appears that those who are nominally identified as the "Republican Establishment" are doing all they can to alienate the vast majority of the current base of the Party.

There is no office on Connecticut Avenue in Washington with a sign reading "The Republican Establishment" or the "The Democratic Establishment"; rather it is an amalgam of like-minded groups with one common interest: control of the government purse-strings.

The Republican Establishment is made up of the following: 1) many current and nearly all retired Republican national office holders whose livelihood and narcissistic demands depends upon fealty to Party and access to government largesse; 2) the majority of the conservative media, including pundits, editors, writers and television news personalities based in Washington and New York whose proximity to power and access is vital to their continued standard of living; 3) numerous think-tanks and members thereof who are waiting to latch on to the next Republican administration for employment and ego-gratification; and 4) the reliable deep pocket political contributors and political consultants whose future is irrevocably tied to the political machinery of the Party.

The overriding interest of this cabal has been and continues to be: the accumulation of power through the control of the income, borrowing and spending by the Federal Government. Thus, with the exception of the presidency of Ronald Reagan and the Republican controlled House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999, the Republican members of the Ruling Class have been content since 1952 to merely slow down the big-government policies of the Democrats while publicly decrying their tax and spend policies.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz1kvW98mrn

Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.png

Average Republican or conservative voters are the same people that buy the books or magazines or subscribe to the websites, as well as buy tickets to hear speeches by the conservative pundit class. These are the same people asked to open their wallets to support the Party every two years. These are the same people asked to volunteer at the polls and get out the vote. These are the same people who were told every election cycle to trust the Party and its attendant establishment to solve the nations' ills.

A number of them (how many is anyone's guess right now) will no longer be willing to support those factions within the Establishment and the Party or to believe what they are told. These are the people suffering the consequences of the disastrous policies pursued over previous decades, while those in the Establishment live lives of relative ease and comfort, which seems to be their primary concern.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz1kvX8HKXA

I'm the guy raising his hand and pointing at himself regarding the bolded comment.

as well as buy tickets to hear speeches by the conservative pundit class.

(off Topic...not that I've ever let a little thing like that stop me. biggrin.png

Ann Coulter will be speaking again at this years CPAC. I wonder what kind of reception she will receive.

I would love to see her booed off the stage.

(off Topic...not that I've ever let a little thing like that stop me. biggrin.png

Ann Coulter will be speaking again at this years CPAC. I wonder what kind of reception she will receive.

She's used to that but usually it's young radical liberals. Now it's going to be old grouchy conservatives.

She's used to that but usually it's young radical liberals. Now it's going to be old grouchy conservatives.

I wonder if she understands just how badly she offended her people? The people who listen to her, take their cues from her, buy her books...etc.

I wonder if she understands just how badly she offended her people? The people who listen to her, take their cues from her, buy her books...etc.

More than anything, this election cycle is proving that traditional "conservative" celebraties are not interested in two way communication. Not surprising really. They make millions selling books and going on lecture tours where the communication is one way. Like college professors, they start to make themselves at home on the pedestal their students build for them.

Time to start pushing some pedestals over.

More than anything, this election cycle is proving that traditional "conservative" celebraties are not interested in two way communication. Not surprising really. They make millions selling books and going on lecture tours where the communication is one way. Like college professors, they start to make themselves at home on the pedestal their students build for them.

Time to start pushing some pedestals over.

Like everyone I go to a lot of the same sites, and there are a lot of really ticked off people out there.