Super. California Votes To Mandate More Electric Cars

Valin

super-california-votes-to-mandate-more-electric-carsHot Air: Jazz Shaw

1/28/12

Have you purchased your new, all electric car yet? Me neither. Of course, I can’t decide whether it’s because I hate the environment, hate America, or a result of my severe allergy to burning to death in a fiery roadside inferno. But we shouldn’t feel too alone. It seems that drivers have been rather cool on the idea all over the country. This is producing a significant impact on Indiana in particular.

(Snip)

BUT WAIT! What was I thinking? There is clearly another solution right in front of our noses, and California has come up with just the fix for this dilemma. If people don’t want to buy these electric cars, we can just pass a law and make them buy them!

California air regulators passed sweeping emission standards Friday that will require one in seven of the new cars sold in the state in 2025 be an electric or other zero-emission vehicle.

The policy adopted unanimously by the California Air Resources Board mandates a 75 percent reduction in smog-forming pollutants by 2025, and a 50 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from today’s standards.

(Snip)

How goofy. Impossible to enforce.

But what if they really really really want it to?

I guess they'll just allocate the proper ratio of electric/gas vehicles to the maximum 2 per household children at birth.

How goofy. Impossible to enforce.

But what if they really really really want it to?

I guess they'll just allocate the proper ratio of electric/gas vehicles to the maximum 2 per household children at birth.

facepalm.jpg

Why didn't I think of that!

You're ready for government service...go and think no more grasshopper.

They will just add a "fee" on every new non-electric care purchased. Then keep raising the "fee" until the ratio becomes what they want, or they run out of citizens, which ever comes first.

They will just add a "fee" on every new non-electric care purchased. Then keep raising the "fee" until the ratio becomes what they want, or they run out of citizens, which ever comes first.

I have another option, it involves pitchforks and torches. I was going to say ropes and tree limbs but I'm trying to become more moderate.

Do you know what happens if you pierce a lithium ion battery with a pitch fork? Your mad.

Volt_NHTSA_fire_01_after.jpg

Chevy Volt turned into this many days after a side impact test.

Do you know what happens if you pierce a lithium ion battery with a pitch fork? Your mad.

Volt_NHTSA_fire_01_after.jpg

Chevy Volt turned into this many days after a side impact test.

My thoughts were more along the lines of having a...discussion with the California Air Resources Board members.

Hmmm.... seems like it was quite a fire/explosion. I could not find this picture on the web, it was in the National Highway safety report though.... took out alot around it.

gallery_2_1_51384.jpg