Ray LaHood's son barred from leaving Egypt

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

71981.htmlPolitico:

I'd post text from the article but I can't.

Exclusive: Egyptian authorities are barring several U.S. citizens — including Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood’s son — from leaving the country after Egyptian government forces raided the offices of Washington-backed groups monitoring recent parliamentary elections there.

Sam LaHood is director of the Egyptian program for the International Republican Institute, a nongovernmental organization with close ties to GOP congressional leadership. He attempted to board an airplane in Cairo on Saturday to leave the country but was told he was on a “no-fly list” and was refused permission to depart.

Scissors-32x32.png

Edited by Rheo
edited in some text

When posting an article, you need to click the very 1st icon to take the editor to plain text and not rich text before you paste anything.

This eliminates the links/ads and pictures from the original source and leaves out hidden ad links, etc.

Sen. Boxer optimistic on highway bill

Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Chairwoman Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Thursday that Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood has had a change of heart about the prospects of Congress passing a new federal highway bill this year.

LaHood was quoted in a Washington Post report earlier this week saying he believed "we’ll probably have to wait until next year to get to a surface transportation bill because of the huge differences." Scissors-32x32.png

But Boxer said during a news conference at the Capitol Thursday that the transportation secretary has since made a U-turn on his prognosis.

"I called him and I think he feels a little differently now," Boxer said.Scissors-32x32.png

--

Strange timing.