Geithner: Obama Wouldn’t Ask Me to Stay in a Second Term

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
geithner-doesn-t-expect-obama-to-ask-him-to-stay-if-he-wins-re-election.html
Bloomberg:

Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner said he doesn’t expect President Barack Obama to ask him to stay in office if he’s re-elected, and dismissed Wall Street’s concerns about financial regulations.

“He’s not going to ask me to stay on, I’m pretty confident,” Geithner said in an interview with Bloomberg Television today. “I’m confident he’ll be president. But I’m also confident he’s going to have the privilege of having another secretary of the Treasury.”

Geithner said he would do “something else.” In August, an administration official said Geithner would stay in his job at least through the this year’s election.

The Treasury secretary said in June that his son would be returning to New York to finish high school, and that “I’m going to be commuting for a while.” Before joining the administration in January 2009, Geithner was president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a post that put him at the center of the government’s response to the financial crisis of 2008.

Geithner, 50, said he wasn’t concerned about Wall Street complaints over the Dodd-Frank financial overhaul.

“I would not worry too much about them,” Geithner said in the interview in Charlotte, North Carolina. “I would worry more about the basic confidence of Americans that they’re going to face more opportunities, more likely to find a job, keep a job, save for college, save for a dignified retirement.”
________

Geithner gone?