NC terrorist tried to have witnesses killed

NCTexan

WRAL Raleigh:

Feds: Triangle terrorist tried to have witnesses killed

Raleigh, N.C. — One of the men involved in a Johnston County terrorist cell that authorities said plotted attacks on a Marine base in Virginia and foreign targets tried to have witnesses in his trial last fall killed, according to federal records unsealed Monday.

Hysen Sherifi was found guilty after a month-long trial of conspiring to provide material support to terrorism and conspiring to carry out attacks overseas, two counts of firearms possession and conspiring to kill federal officers or employees. He was sentenced two weeks ago to 45 years in prison.

Federal authorities said Sherifi tried to hire someone to kill and behead at least three witnesses in the case, and he wanted pictures of the corpses to prove that they were dead. He also wanted a fellow inmate killed, believing the man tricked him out of some money, according to court documents.

Undercover agents say $5,000 traded hands on Jan. 8 to kill the first person, according to court documents.

Sherifi's brother, Shkumbin Sherifi, and a woman named Nevine Aly Elsheikh have been charged in the case. The relationship between Elsheikh and the Sherifis wasn't clear, but she visited Hysen Sherifi several times at the New Hanover County jail, where he is being held as a federal prisoner, court records state.

Elsheikh is on leave from the Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School in Morrisville, school officials said Tuesday, noting that they were aware of the charges against her and are cooperating with authorities in the investigation. She has taught at the school for nine years and heads its special education program.snip

Hysen Sherifi was among seven area men arrested in 2009 on charges that they plotted to attack targets overseas, raised money and gathered weapons to support terrorist activities and engaged in military-style training.

Sherifi and the accused ringleader, Daniel Patrick Boyd, also planned an attack on the Marine base in Quantico, Va.

Six of the men have been convicted, and the seventh is awaiting trial. An eighth suspect in the case is believed to be in Pakistan.

============================================
This is a followup to the 2009 story about the arrest of RIF terrorists who were running their cell in a Raleigh suburb.

The below photos of the leader, Daniel Boyd show the "subtle" change in his appearance during his radicalization. Those darned Amish are easy to spot these days. :rolleyes:

ENLARGE_01daniel_boyd.jpg01____daniel_boyd.jpg[/article]

Danny's wife also wore the traditional Amish garb and was difficult to spot in her typical NC suburban neighborhood.

090925.Sabrina.Boyd.jpg

WRAL Raleigh:

The below photos of the leader, Daniel Boyd show the "subtle" change in his appearance during his radicalization. Those darned Amish are easy to spot these days. :rolleyes: [/b][/color]

ENLARGE_01daniel_boyd.jpg01____daniel_boyd.jpg[/article]

Danny's wife also wore the traditional Amish garb and was difficult to spot in her typical NC suburban neighborhood.

090925.Sabrina.Boyd.jpg

These home grown Islamic terrorists are going to wise up and blend in. Once they meet up with like minded people, they are going to shut their mouths in public, stop going to Jihadi sites stop going to mosques, they are going to slowly acquire bomb making supplies weapons and disappear...until they attack. We have been very very lucky so far, but as someone once said Luck is not a strategy.

These home grown Islamic terrorists are going to wise up and blend in.

Valin!

You are so right... and it's surprising that these guys let their jihadist fervor overrule common sense.

Their dress and actions were the equivalent of placing a giant "Kick Me" sign on their rumps.

6a00d8345275cf69e20120a5dd5b08970c-800wi.jpg

These home grown Islamic terrorists are going to wise up and blend in.

Valin!

You are so right... and it's surprising that these guys let their jihadist fervor overrule common sense.

Their dress and actions were the equivalent of placing a giant "Kick Me" sign on their rumps.

6a00d8345275cf69e20120a5dd5b08970c-800wi.jpg

What concerns me, and should concern every American is there could very well be a group of smart jihadist out there somewhere right now. In fact I'd bet cash money that there is.

Example: I live right by the MPLS air port, as I look out my bedroom window I'm two block away from air craft landing, and taking off. If I were an Islamic terrorist I could come up with any number of ways to kill a large number of people...and get away....and I'm not that bright!

Example: I live right by the MPLS air port, as I look out my bedroom window I'm two block away from air craft landing, and taking off. If I were an Islamic terrorist I could come up with any number of ways to kill a large number of people...and get away....and I'm not that bright!

Yup Valin! Rumor in the mosque is that you're already experimenting with some advanced aerial take-down techniques... Now if you could only figure out how to get your hands on the required ingredients.

coke-mentos.gifmentosfree_468x315.jpg

Yup Valin! Rumor in the mosque is that you're already experimenting with some advanced aerial take-down techniques... Now if you could only figure out how to get your hands on the required ingredients.

coke-mentos.gifmentosfree_468x315.jpg

:lmfao:

We at A.S.S. are always at work!

Now we see the local mosque and community rallying in support of the convicted terrorist and the other newly implicated members of their congregation.

http://www.wral.com/...story/10644947/

Muslim community rallies after murder plot alleged

Raleigh, N.C. — Dozens of people from the Triangle's Islamic community plan a show of support in Wilmington on Friday when two people have a federal court hearing on charges that they tried to hire someone to kill witnesses in a terrorism trial.Scissors-32x32.png

Julia Sherifi posted on Facebook that her brother is innocent, and she asked people to go to Wilmington in a show of support.

A group called Our Ummah, One Body has signed up more than 80 people for the trip.

"Allegations are not facts. Facts are not known yet. As a community, we have known good from both (Shkumbin Sherifi and Elshiekh),"

Mahen Khan, a representative of the group, said in a statement. "We remind the Muslim and non-Muslim community members that, according to the law, both are presumed innocent until proven guilty."

Hmmmmm... A hypothetical question here:

Can you imagine the reaction and press coverage if all of the above parties were members of a local Baptist, Catholic or Jewish congregation?ohmy.png

Everyone would rightly expect strong denounciation of their acts (either charged or convicted) by the church leaders and community as a whole. The entire congration and denomination worldwide would be branded as terrorist sypathisers, enablers, or co-conspiritors.

BTW, the rally of support and bus caravan of support story is totally missing from the liberal Raleigh New & Observer. I can only imagine the coverage in the N&O, CNN, MSCBC, etc if these were Christians or Tea Partiers.