New (Election) Rules?

Valin

new-election-rules_616769.html
Weekly Standard Blog:

DANIEL HALPER
1/15/12

A particularly interesting Fox News Sunday discussion on the Internet-only "Panel Plus" segment this morning:

The boss explained how his analysis of the 2012 presidential race differs with Karl Rove's take. (Rove recently outlined his analysis in the Wall Street Journal; the boss previously wrote that he sees the presidential race a little differently.)

When talking this morning about the impact of super PACs, the boss said, “I mean, it's a new part of this election cycle." He went to note that there are several new things about this cycle: "A different schedule in the primaries. The proportional allocation of the delegates in the Republican primaries until April 1. I’ve sort of been on the side of assuming things will be very different this year. Plus we had the Tea Party in 2010. Plus it seems like a new moment American politics—Barack Obama won in 2008. I may be wrong."

(Snip)

(Click On Link for video)

Not exactly related, but the title of the post got me going.

Well, thanks to the law in Virginia and the inability for candidates to follow it, my options in the Primary are limited to Romney and Paul. Translation: I have no option. I heard on local talk radio that there is no write-in option in the Virginia Primary, but I need to verify that. Seems crazy, but if you need 10,000 sigs to get on the ballot, I guess I can see why write-ins are verboten.

If this is the case, it's pretty fracking upsetting.

Not exactly related, but the title of the post got me going.

Well, thanks to the law in Virginia and the inability for candidates to follow it, my options in the Primary are limited to Romney and Paul. Translation: I have no option. I heard on local talk radio that there is no write-in option in the Virginia Primary, but I need to verify that. Seems crazy, but if you need 10,000 sigs to get on the ballot, I guess I can see why write-ins are verboten.

If this is the case, it's pretty fracking upsetting.

As I see it you really have no choice, you must vote for Romney. Ron Paul's foreign policy ideas (and I used that in the loosest sense of the word) are worse, more dangerous than Barack Obama's....and that is something that's really hard to do.

I don't see how any thinking person can vote for Ron Paul. I know the story is that he is consistent...well so are termites, I would hope we have a bit more intelligence than insects.