A Birthday Fit For a FLOTUS

Geee

a_birthday_fit_for_a_flotus.html
American Thinker:

Next week marks the 48th birthday of our nation's First Lady -- a milestone worthy of yet another Obama campaign letter. In an appeal seemingly directed at third graders or the acronym-challenged, POTUS does what he knows best - campaign. This time, appealing for birthday wishes for the put-upon and by no means angry - FLOTUS.

When you become president, one thing happens overnight is that you and everyone you love get a bunch of new nicknames.
I was already pretty used to this. But "FLOTUS," short for First Lady of the United States, is really something else.

I'm writing because our FLOTUS, Michelle, turns 48 on Tuesday, and I know I'm not her only fan out there.
Will you join me in wishing her a happy birthday?

The decision to become part of this campaign was deeply personal for a lot of people, and Michelle and I are no exception. But we both knew, like anyone else who believes in what we're trying to do here, that this was never going to be easy.

This fall, Michelle and I will have been married 20 years. The next 10 months will be harder than any we've experienced together, and I couldn't do it without her. I know she'd love to hear from you today...

Barack

In honor of Michelle, let me be bitterly frank -- haven't taxpayers done enough? A birthday wish is innocuous enough, but Rulers celebrating themselves for political purpose, even as they ask for our support in the hardship that is their march toward our demise, isn't just insult, it's downright despotic.

Frankly, it's going to be a little harder to find supporters for, as you say, "what we're trying to do here," among those who know smaller paychecks, higher taxes, fewer jobs, less security, a crippled and demoralized military, more debt, inflated food, mortgages, gas, healthcare, and dwindling savings and investments - especially when you consider they're the same people who subsidize your luxury housing, exorbitant staff, and lavish parties, musical celebrations, and extracurriculars; including in 2011 alone, Mrs. Obama's travel to Chicago, Africa, Martha's Vineyard, Hawaii, Vail, Oregon, and Latin America. Is it any wonder the taxpayer's burden is such a hardship for the Obama campaign?

Let me be clear, taxpayers have done their part in celebrating FLOTUS this year. So forgive me if I'm not exactly endeared to send Birthday wishes to a First Lady whose resentment for all I hold dear is the impetus for her tyranny, even as she brazenly whines about her image among the subjects, clinging to their last eroding liberties, forced to underwrite her excess.

Hardships are the Obamas to inflict, not bear -- frivolity, tyrannical waste, and fundamental transformation. Our destructors have celebrated long enough.

I don't think Betsy (author of article) is going to be invited to the birthday bash.

For which she will be grateful, I'm sure. :D

I don't think Betsy (author of article) is going to be invited to the birthday bash.

For which she will be grateful, I'm sure. :D

Someone more partisan than I might want two make some comparisons between the last two First Ladies. While I being such a moderate and in sync with the New Tone in politics and public discourse that President Obama wants us to embrace, would never suggest looking at the way they dressed, spoke, acted in public.

that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

But someone might

snip

Let me be clear, taxpayers have done their part in celebrating FLOTUS this year. So forgive me if I'm not exactly endeared to send Birthday wishes to a First Lady whose resentment for all I hold dear is the impetus for her tyranny, even as she brazenly whines about her image among the subjects, clinging to their last eroding liberties, forced to underwrite her excess.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/01/a_birthday_fit_for_a_flotus.html#ixzz1jWWrhzmL