Why Is Jimmy Carter Helping Egypt's Islamic Radicals?

Geee

jimmy-carter-helps-egyptian-jihadists.htm
Investors Business Daily:

Anti-Americanism: The worst president of the 20th century is now fomenting terrorism in the 21st century by helping Egyptian Islamists. For decades, Jimmy Carter has been legitimizing mass-murderers in the name of peace.

'From Malaise to Massacre" might be the most honest title for a Jimmy Carter biography.

The president whose infamous 1979 televised "malaise speech" blamed his own failures on Americans' "growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives" has spent much of his life aiding some of America's most murderous enemies.

As president, with his U.N. ambassador, Andrew Young, calling the Ayatollah Khomeini "some kind of saint" and his own State Department suggesting Khomeini's anti-American writings were forgeries, Carter abandoned our ally the Shah of Iran and let Khomeini conduct an Islamist revolution. For 444 days 52 Americans were held hostage.

If not for Carter's naive "human rights" foreign policy, an anti-American Islamofascist regime in Tehran wouldn't be on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons.

Carter also orchestrated the communist Sandinistas' rise to power in Nicaragua, the thinking being that leftist revolutions would happen anyway.

Today, Carter's USAID director, Lawrence Harrison, admits, "Nicaragua is a good deal poorer than it was in 1979, and Daniel Ortega, first Sandinista president, is again president — albeit acting anything but democratically. After Fidel Castro, Ortega is Hugo Chavez's closest ally."

So weak had America become under Carter that six months after signing a nuclear peace treaty, Moscow sent tanks into Afghanistan.

Listen to the Podcast
Subscribe through iTunes
The ex-president's "Carter Center" has continued to promote catastrophe, involving itself in 86 elections in 35 countries. In recent weeks it sent 40 "observers" to Egypt to monitor parliamentary elections.

Now, with the jihadist Muslim Brotherhood poised to take power, Carter has declared that "the will of the people has been expressed accurately."snip

We all have an albatross of shame to wear. Being from Georgia, I guess mine is Carter.

He will do one good thing then do ten stupid things like this to make people shake their heads in wonderment.

We all have an albatross of shame to wear. Being from Georgia, I guess mine is Carter.

He will do one good thing then do ten stupid things like this to make people shake their heads in wonderment.

Wow. I guess I never hear about the good things ;)

There aren't many. In fact, the only one I can think of is his involvement with Habitat for Humanity.

There aren't many. In fact, the only one I can think of is his involvement with Habitat for Humanity.

The other good thing was he was only a one-termer.

An aside, has he ever visited Israel? Probably, but I just don't know for sure.

And we all thought Billie was the crazy one.

The other good thing was he was only a one-termer.

An aside, has he ever visited Israel? Probably, but I just don't know for sure.

And we all thought Billie was the crazy one.

Carter did visit Israel and Egypt as a prelude to the Camp David Accords.

shoutRandy M. I'm also from Georgia, and one of the few who were living there at the time that can claim that I didn't vote for him for President. He was never a "Nuclear Physicist" as he claimed to be, he was never a peanut farmer (his father was.....his parents let him sell peanuts on a street corner for pocket change as a child, the closest he ever got to farming). As governor of Georgia (also a one termer) he took the state treasury from having a surplus to the biggest deficit since the Civil War. But, just as with the current Denizen in Chief, the press gave him a pass at every turn.

I only hope that the outcome of this next election parallels history as much as the performance of these two dolts parallel each other.