A Portrait of the First Lady as an Angry Young Woman

Geee

a_portrait_of_the_first_lady_as_an_angry_young_woman.html
American Thinker:

Michelle Obama has recently taken issue with her critics for allegedly perpetuating the idea that she is an "angry black woman." "That's an image people have tried to paint of me, since, you know, Barack announced, that I'm some angry black woman," she told CBS.
"Who can write about how I feel?" she went on. "Who? What third person can tell me how I feel, or anyone, for that matter?"

One does not have to take a leap of faith to believe Mrs. Obama to be an "angry black woman." It is nothing more than a logical conclusion given the evidence she has provided.

"For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country."

These are the words of Michelle Obama in 2008, said in response America's energetic reception of Barack Obama. And clearly, they are the words of an angry person. A person who is so undeniably resentful of this nation that has provided her with a path to education and affluence that she can boast only having become proud of it when her husband was considered for the presidency and a fundamental change to its character was embraced.

This resentment stems, at least in part, from her early days of adulthood at Princeton. While there, she produced a thesis that offers little more than derision for the prevalence of "white culture" in American academia and a lamentation that blacks who attend universities (particularly prestigious ones, like Princeton) come to identify more with the "White community" than the "Black community." In a time in history when America sought to destroy once and for all the racial divisions lingering from our roots dating back to the European aristocracies, Michelle Obama harbored too much resentment and anger to commit to the abolition of these dividing lines. Instead, she insisted that measures and studies should be undertaken to "improve the overall quality of college education for Blacks," a suggestion requiring that it be obligatory that the "Black" and "White" communities remain entirely separate notions.

So apparent is her anger and resentment for "White" America that Lee Cary pointed out in an American Thinker article from 2008: "While Barack is the softer, social justice side of black liberation theology," [which his mentor Jeremiah Wright has studied diligently] "Michelle is the harder, anti-white supremacy side." snip

righteousmomma

Good perspective and very valid points.

On a different Note:

Evey time I go to American Thinker I think of Robin of Berkeley - What has happened to her? Where is she?

No article has her name on it since October when she was endorsing Cain and then wrote about the occupiers

I joined her blog and she has not been there since about October 28. She has no email address and I cannot figure out a way to contact her or someone to see if she is ok. Her real name is not known.

I know she has health problems and I know she is probably disillusioned with the Republican candidates but where is she?

Good perspective and very valid points.

On a different Note:

Evey time I go to American Thinker I think of Robin of Berkeley - What has happened to her? Where is she?

No article has her name on it since October when she was endorsing Cain and then wrote about the occupiers

I joined her blog and she has not been there since about October 28. She has no email address and I cannot figure out a way to contact her or someone to see if she is ok. Her real name is not known.

I know she has health problems and I know she is probably disillusioned with the Republican candidates but where is she?

Hmmm. Didn't really think about it till you mentioned it. Your right. Off topic, but I am still wondering where WestVirginiaRebel has been?? I am kind of used to Pepper disappearing for a while but WVR is usually pretty steady. Did I miss something?