Secular Progressives Mock QB Tim Tebow—And Us

Geee

tebowing-tim-tebow-kneels-in-prayer-.htm
Investors Business Daily:

Leadership: Even before George Washington is said to have taken a knee in prayer at Valley Forge, men and women of faith and courage endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights have guided this nation to greatness.

Some 45 million people watched Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow complete that 80-yard touchdown pass play to Demaryius Thomas on the first play from scrimmage in overtime to lead his team over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Sunday's wild card playoff game.

They also saw him take a knee and give thanks to the God he believes in, an act that's been dubbed "Tebow-ing."

The act has been mocked by comedians and pundits and derided by the secularists among us, those who've banned prayer from the public schools, and fought Christmas displays on public property, the words "One Nation Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance and even the words "In God We Trust" on our coins.

The fact that Tebow had 316 yards passing and averaged 31.6 yards per pass in the game didn't escape notice. Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game, a Bible passage often seen on signs held at sporting events at every level.

On the postgame show, CBS analysts "Tebow-ed" in unison, mocking the seriousness of Tebow's intent. "Saturday Night Live" has done a skit in which Jesus appears in the Bronco locker room. God does not take sides in football games, Tebow's critics say.

Tebow would agree with that, but he also acknowledges a higher power's influence on his life, win or lose, just as the Founding Fathers did when they acknowledged in the Declaration of Independence that we were "endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights," rights such as freedom of speech and freedom of, not from, religion.

Public expressions of faith are frowned on these days from the war on Christmas to prohibitions on certain words at graduation ceremonies. The desire to preserve the separation of church and state has led the secularists to attempt to drive every last vestige of religious expression from the public square.snip

righteousmomma

Maybe our Nation is at a point where the great act of Tebow-ing from sea to shining sea might be called for.

2 Chronicles 7:14

New International Version (NIV)

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.