Media mob chases Ron Paul from campaign stop in New Hampshire

Geee

203039-media-mob-forces-paul-to-leave-nh-campaign-event-early
TheHill:

MANCHESTER, N.H. — A campaign stop at a New Hampshire eatery mutated into a circus on Monday when the media scrum chasing Ron Paul apparently became too much for the 76-year-old Texas congressman to handle.

Paul had been planning to make the rounds through Moe Joe’s restaurant before settling down to eat breakfast with his wife, Carol — who said he enjoys apple pancakes — at a table in the corner.

But the plans quickly changed. Barely able to move through the restaurant as hundreds of journalists and videographers surrounded him on all sides, Paul ignored the questions being lobbed at him and slowly inched through the restaurant, offering a few autographs to supporters along the way.
“Guys, you’ve got to take it easy,” shouted one Paul staffer, imploring the media to give the congressman some space.

No such luck.

“Ron Paul: We have you surrounded. We are the media,” sounded the voice from a megaphone as Paul staffers ushered him into a waiting SUV, just minutes after he arrived at the restaurant.

Holding the megaphone was a man dressed roughly as a wizard, with shaggy hair and tousled beard, wearing a massive black boot upside down on his head.

One woman, dressed all in red with a colonial-style blue hat, waited for Paul while carrying a 4-by-3-foot sign showing Paul — an obstetrician — wearing green scrubs and holding a baby wrapped in an American flag.snip

I want to hear/read what Bret Bair has to say about this and his 5 minute interview w/Paul.

Really, a wizard with a bullhorn and black boot on his head? :rolleyes:

This is why the quality people won't run. No one in their right mind would put up with that crap.

Yup.

I look forward to someone running for a major office taking them to task...and giving them some reality therapy. They are lazy.

Instead of looking at the candidates ideas and how they plan to actually govern we see gotcha questions/stories & minutiae.

I 1st became aware of this with Ed Muskie in 72.

This is why the quality people won't run. No one in their right mind would put up with that crap.

Yup.

I look forward to someone running for a major office taking them to task...and giving them some reality therapy. They are lazy.

Instead of looking at the candidates ideas and how they plan to actually govern we see gotcha questions/stories & minutiae.

You mean like Newt or Christie? ;)

Yup.

Yeah, but they didn't do it *hard enough or **often enough.

*Pardon me Ms Sawyer, but are you normally this ignorant or are you making a special effort to show the viewing public just what an air head you are?

**Every darn time.....Even though that is one of the silliest questions I've heard today...and that's saying something, I will attempt to answer it in simple words that even you can understand.

That's the sort of thing I have in mind. If all the candidates did this then maybe we'd get better questions...not that I hold out any hope.

Yup.

*Pardon me Ms Sawyer, but are you normally this ignorant or are you making a special effort to show the viewing public just what an air head you are?

**Every darn time.....Even though that is one of the silliest questions I've heard today...and that's saying something, I will attempt to answer it in simple words that even you can understand.

That's the sort of thing I have in mind. If all the candidates did this then maybe we'd get better questions...not that I hold out any hope.

Well Good For Ron!

Yup.

Well Good For Ron!

Yes, that was good. I did not know Ron Paul is 76. I admire his stamina!