President Obama's Hawaii Christmas vacation dilemma

Geee

200679-obamas-hawaii-christmas-dilemma-
TheHill:

President Obama faces a most difficult decision with the payroll tax extension up in the air, and it isn't whether to compromise with Republicans.

The toughest call for the president this holiday season may be whether to join his family for Christmas in Hawaii or stay in lonely Washington.

The White House won't say whether the president is heading west for the holidays—or even if he’s making an abbreviated appearance.

Jay Carney, the White House press secretary, said Tuesday that Obama “intends to stay and work with Congress to ensure that Americans don’t have their taxes go up.”
Even if there’s no ideal time for a presidential vacation, this one comes at a particularly inopportune time. For weeks, Obama has insisted that lawmakers stay in town to pass the tax extension. Otherwise, as he said earlier this month, “we can all spend Christmas here together.”

Now, with the payroll tax extension compromise unsettled, and members of Congress already back at home, does Obama up and leave, too? Or will the president be forced to spend the holidays at an empty White House with the Yule Log on TV listening to Elvis Presley’s “Blue Christmas?”

“If he stays, he could be seen as the only adult in the room,” said Susan MacManus, a professor of political science at the University of South Florida. “If he leaves, it could hurt him.”

The question of whether Obama would stay in Washington was posed to Carney a couple of times during Tuesday’s briefing at the White House.

“Are you saying there’s a scenario that’s possible, on December 25th, where the president wakes up and ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ is on, and he puts on his Christmas sweater in the White House, and he’s all alone and his family is in Hawaii?” Ed Henry, the senior White House correspondent for Fox News wondered. snip

righteousmomma

The Hill is deluded, deceived and downright shameless!

It's not as if a Hawaiian Christmas is some exotic vacation for the president. Hawaii is where the president grew up, and he's visited the state each year for the holidays since his election.

BRAHAHAAAAAA!!!! I lived in Paris for several years and really came to love it as my hometown so I think the rest of you guys owe me a 4 MILLION DOLLAR Christmas there! Staying in the White House - even if I could- just ain't good enough- after all Christmas is all about vacation.

First lady Michelle Obama and their two daughters are already in Hawaii, and staying in Washington would deprive the president of Christmas with his family.

oh boo hoo.Not even worth a reply.

Yet just as when Obama traveled to Martha’s Vineyard this summer in the wake of the nation’s first credit downgrade and a sagging economy, it will be hard for him to escape criticism if he goes to Honolulu without a tax deal.

'nuff said

Tony Fratto, who served as a White House spokesman to George W. Bush, a president frequently criticized by the left for his vacation time, agreed.

Yeh, remember the LSM didn't like going to hot ole dusty White House at Crawford?? or to the Bush compound on the water?

“Americans are very clear on who’s raising their taxes,” Finney said. “And it isn’t the president.”

Of course not - its those evil rich Repubs who only care about Big Business.

For a real treat in idiocy read some of the comments at the end of this pandering palaver.