MORNING JOE: Obama Thinks His Remarkable Talents Are Wasted On America

Pepper

obama-thinks-hes-too-good-for-the-country-2011-12#
Business Insider:

Must see video at link below

MORNING JOE: Obama Thinks His Remarkable Talents Are Wasted On America

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-thinks-hes-too-good-for-the-country-2011-12#

Interesting takeaway from former Newsweek editor Jon Meacham on 'Morning Joe' today from last night's lengthy '60 Minutes' interview with President Obama.

Meacham thinks that deep down Obama feels that his talents are wasted on America.

Meacham: I think he's stunned by it...I think it's if you think of it from a biographical point of view, it's his thinking the system -- in a weird way the country is not commensurate with his gifts. That's a harsh thing to say. But I have a feeling in the dark night of a soul, that's what he feels. I think he thinks this is an 18th century Constitutional Republic that needs significant updating. I think he sees the reflects of opposition that a culture that Gingrich helped build as one huge stumbling block. He sees all of us as another huge stumbling block.

snip

Let's go to Meacham again, former editor of Newsweek, now Random House executive editor. What do you executive edit at Random House? Books anyway. Here's what he says.

MEACHAM: In a weird way the country is not commensurate with his gifts. That's a harsh thing to say but I have a feeling in the dark night of the soul that's what he feels. I think he thinks that this is a[n] eighteenth century constitutional republic that needs s-s-significant updating.

RUSH: So we're just not good enough for him. He feels it. He knows it. We're just not good enough for him. That's how get rid of him. See, Meacham listened to me. This is how you convince Obama to give it up. It's beneath you, Barack. There are so many things out there far more suitable for you. This is like running a kindergarten. It's just nowhere near your league. This is how you get rid of him.

END TRANSCRIPT

Libs Tell Obama He's Too Smart for America
December 12, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I gotta play this for you. I've told you countless times how most recent instance being when, what's his name, Caddell and Schoen wrote a piece: Obama you should quit and turn it over to Hillary. I said, "That's not the way you go about it. You don't tell him he blew it. You don't tell a narcissist he's failed and to get out of the of way. You've gotta say, 'Barack, this job is beneath you! It's too small. You're destined for bigger. You need to be running the world, Barack! Running the United States is not even interesting to you. We can tell you're bored silly." That's how you get rid of him: You tell him that there's something far bigger, far more important out there than just being president of the United States.

snip

righteousmomma

"Everybody wants to be me,...... But not everybody can be me. In fact, there can only be one me and I am it."

(Rush limbaugh)