Gingrich fuels more Mideast conflict: Palestinians

Valin

gingrich_fuels_more_mideast_conflict_palestinians
Townhall/Reuters:

Tom Perry
12/10/11

RAMALLAH, West Bank (Reuters) - Palestinian leaders said on Saturday U.S. Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich had invited more conflict in the Middle East by calling the Palestinians an "invented" people who want to destroy Israel.

Saeb Erekat, a senior Palestinian official, described his comments in an interview as "despicable." Hanan Ashrawi, another top official, said Gingrich's "very racist comments" showed he was "incapable of holding public office."

"This is the lowest point of thinking anyone can reach," Erekat, a close advisor to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, told Reuters. Such comments served only to "increase the cycle of violence," he added.

(Snip)

If the PA is saying bad things about you...you must be doing something right. :D

I will just bump that up again

The use of the term "Palestinian" for an Arab ethnic group is a modern political creation which has no basis in fact - and had never had any international or academic credibility before 1967.

“I believe that if somebody is firing rockets at you, they are probably not engaged in the peace process. I believe if somebody goes around and says you don’t have a right to exist, they’re probably not prepared to negotiate for peace,” he [Gingrich] said. “I think if someone says they wanna wipe you out, you should believe them. So I see a much more tougher-minded, and much more honest approach to the Middle East in a Gingrich administration.”

From

Newt Gingrich: Palestinians are an ‘Invented’ People, Peace Process ‘Delusional’

Argyle58shout Peppershout

The thing is, that while it can be said there was no people called Palestinian, today it is not true. Why can I say that? Go to (say) Ramallah and ask people who they are and they will say Palestinians. The thing is if 2.5 (?) million people living in the same general area tell you who they are........? Know what I'm saying?

100 years ago there weren't Palestinians, today there are.

The thing is, that while it can be said there was no people called Palestinian, today it is not true. Why can I say that? Go to (say) Ramallah and ask people who they are and they will say Palestinians. The thing is if 2.5 (?) million people living in the same general area tell you who they are........? Know what I'm saying?

I would have more sympathy for that argument if the "Palestinian" people would show equal antipathy toward Egypt, who absorbed as much or more of the "Palestinian" homeland as Israel did.

I realize that it's coming from a refugee, who is now an Israeli, but those nasty little facts keep interfering with what the Palestinians want you to believe......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSb2mTnTuvY&feature=player_embedded

I would have more sympathy for that argument if the "Palestinian" people would show equal antipathy toward Egypt, who absorbed as much or more of the "Palestinian" homeland as Israel did.

There is a Palestinian family that owns the little store up the street, trust me when I say not a lot of love lost there, when it comes to Egypt...or other Arab nations for that matter.

This is the dirty little secret that doesn't come out a lot the people that live in different Arab nations, they don't play well together...I mean they REALLY don't like each other.

I realize that it's coming from a refugee, who is now an Israeli, but those nasty little facts keep interfering with what the Palestinians want you to believe......

I've seen this vid and I like it. My point and really my only point is...it doesn't matter, they say they are a nation, and so they are.

I've seen this vid and I like it. My point and really my only point is...it doesn't matter, they say they are a nation, and so they are.

Perception.......Reality.......Perception.......Reality.........I think I'm going with Reality for the win.

Found this at AceofSpadesHQ.com, and it expresses how the progressive view of the "Palestinian State" & the "Religion of Peace" [islam] continues to be viewed:

"Epistemic closure," a mis-named term which he claimed to mean "closed off to information or experience inconsistent with one's prior views."

A tasteless and unnecessary neologism for the very old idea of a Community-Based Reality, a group which decides what reality is according to a group. Contrary information will not be permitted to interfere with the Community-Based Reality the group is deciding upon; they reason backwards from their conclusions to decide what the Facts are which prove those pre-supposed conclusions.

Is Obama's Intellect Stunted by Epistemic Closure?

Perception.......Reality.......Perception.......Reality.........I think I'm going with Reality for the win.

Going with Reality

I'd say you have a 50% chance of winning. In the long term, I think reality has a better chance...depending on who writes the history book <_<