Cain Denies New Allegations, as Woman Claims They Had 13-Year Affair

clearvision

cain-denies-new-allegations-as-woman-claims-had-13-year-affair
FOX News:

Herman Cain on Monday pre-emptively denied a forthcoming accusation by a woman who is expected to say she had a 13-year affair with the Republican presidential candidate.

In an apparent effort to get ahead of the story, Cain appeared in a cable news interview to say the woman is "someone who I know, who is an acquaintance, who I thought was a friend."

MyFoxAtlanta.com released some details of the story, which is scheduled to air Monday night, shortly after Cain appeared on CNN -- identifying the accuser as an Atlanta businesswoman named Ginger White.

"It was pretty simple," White told the station. "It wasn't complicated. I was aware that he was married. And I was also aware I was involved in a very inappropriate situation, relationship."

The station also released a statement from Cain's attorney, Lin Wood, who said the allegations of "private, alleged consensual conduct between adults" is not "not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public."

During the CNN interview, Cain denied having an affair but said he could not respond in more detail until he heard the charges.

"I have no idea what she's going to have to show proof," he said.:snip:

-------------
Was someone he did know, has his cell number and records showing 60 something phone calls/and or texts.

And so she talked. Before our interview, we checked into Ginger White's background. We found she filed a sexual harassment claim against an employer in 2001. That case was settled.

We also found a bankruptcy filing nearly 23 years ago in Kentucky, and a number of eviction notices here in DeKalb County over the past six years. The most recent happened this month.

Ms. White says she has been unemployed, and she is a single mom with two kids struggling to make ends meet.

snip

We also found a lawsuit filed by a former business partner, Kimberly Vay, who once sought a "stalking temporary protective order" against Ms. White for "repeated e-mails/texts threatening lawsuit and defamation of character." The case was dismissed; but was followed by a libel lawsuit against Ms. White. A judge entered an order in favor of Kimberly Vay because Ms. White failed to respond to the lawsuit.

When asked why, under those circumstances, her claims against Cain should be believed, White said, “Because I admit it. Whatever happened with Kim happened. Just as there would make no sense for me to come out with these allegations against Herman if it absolutely wasn't true.”

---

Oh, I can think of a few $$$ reasons.

And so she talked. Before our interview, we checked into Ginger White's background. We found she filed a sexual harassment claim against an employer in 2001. That case was settled.

We also found a bankruptcy filing nearly 23 years ago in Kentucky, and a number of eviction notices here in DeKalb County over the past six years. The most recent happened this month.

Ms. White says she has been unemployed, and she is a single mom with two kids struggling to make ends meet.

snip

We also found a lawsuit filed by a former business partner, Kimberly Vay, who once sought a "stalking temporary protective order" against Ms. White for "repeated e-mails/texts threatening lawsuit and defamation of character." The case was dismissed; but was followed by a libel lawsuit against Ms. White. A judge entered an order in favor of Kimberly Vay because Ms. White failed to respond to the lawsuit.

When asked why, under those circumstances, her claims against Cain should be believed, White said, “Because I admit it. Whatever happened with Kim happened. Just as there would make no sense for me to come out with these allegations against Herman if it absolutely wasn't true.”

---

Oh, I can think of a few $$$ reasons.

Good job! Do you have links/sources for this? Thanks.

Cain's statement, issued through his attorney, to Atlanta's channel 5 doesn't really sound like a denial:

"Mr. Cain has been informed today that your television station plans to broadcast a story this evening in which a female will make an accusation that she engaged in a 13-year long physical relationship with Mr. Cain. This is not an accusation of harassment in the workplace – this is not an accusation of an assault - which are subject matters of legitimate inquiry to a political candidate.

Rather, this appears to be an accusation of private, alleged consensual conduct between adults - a subject matter which is not a proper subject of inquiry by the media or the public. No individual, whether a private citizen, a candidate for public office or a public official, should be questioned about his or her private sexual life. The public's right to know and the media's right to report has boundaries and most certainly those boundaries end outside of one's bedroom door.

Mr. Cain has alerted his wife to this new accusation and discussed it with her. He has no obligation to discuss these types of accusations publicly with the media and he will not do so even if his principled position is viewed unfavorably by members of the media."

ABC News

The female bodybuilder who once ran a bicycle business with latest Herman Cain accuser Ginger White says the Atlanta woman never mentioned the Republican presidential candidate, who she says was her lover for 13 years.

"His name has never come up," said Kimberly Vay, who told ABC News that she and White were former business partners.

But Vay, who filed and won a libel lawsuit against White, refused to comment directly when asked whether she considers White's accusations about Cain credible. "When you see the details of my lawsuit," said Vay, "they will speak for themselves." She then referred ABC News to her attorney. snip

---

Off to the shower! :D

I don't believe this woman or any of the other accusers. However, the liberal media have made such a big splash out of all this that Cain's chances are kaput. Stick 'im with a fork 'cause he is D-O-N-E.

So sad in the differences in how conservative politicians are treated vs liberals.

I don't believe this woman or any of the other accusers. However, the liberal media have made such a big splash out of all this that Cain's chances are kaput. Stick 'im with a fork 'cause he is D-O-N-E.

So sad in the differences in how conservative politicians are treated vs liberals.

I must admit they do sound rather dubious, but then I like Herman, so my bias is to believe him. Character has always been a major part of his campaign, so I think this is why these allegations are coming out.

I like Cain but have never felt he would be the most electable or effective candidate if he got into office. I don't see how he can survive this latest story... whether true or not.

However, I'm surprised that his health issues have not been a bigger deal so far in the campaign.

Wikipedia: In 2006, Cain was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer in his colon and metastases to his liver and given a 30-percent chance of survival. Cain underwent surgery and chemotherapy following the diagnosis, and has since reported that he is in remission.[

While his handling of this life event is amazing... and a credit to him in every way... this is really recent history without a long term remission.

I'm sure that the lamestream media would have hit it hard and created lots of doubt and questions once he weas up against The Chosen One.

Well she claims a specific trip now to the Evander Holyfield / Tyson fight in Vegas. Looking it up the fight occurred in June of 1997. 14 years 3 months ago. Early claimed she met him in Louisville Kentucky at a speech he was giving in late 90's and had a 13 year relationship. If it was after the fight he should be able to put this one to rest. Close enough though to 13 years that it is possible.