Lawsuit to Occupy a courtroom

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
view.bg?articleid=1382898
Boston Herald:

A bitter battle over the business rights to Occupy Boston has two warring factions of the revolutionary group headed to court next week.

“We want to take Occupy Boston back,” said plaintiff Paul Carnes, who claims he was an original Occupier and now is accusing four other tent city residents of breach of contract, inflicting emotional distress and violating the state’s consumer protection law.

Carnes, represented by Winchester lawyer William Mansfield, filed the three-count compliant against David Kelston and three others in Suffolk Superior Court on Friday.

Kelston told the Herald last night the suit is “groundless. Very groundless. There was a mediated agreement that was reached and FAWG (Occupy’s Financial Accountability Working Group) has upheld that agreement.”

Carnes said he took the legal step to protect the business entity known as Occupy Boston to stop the other faction from getting too much power.

Carnes, 27, said he is living in Dorchester and was writing a book on revolutions when he first learned through the Internet hacking group Anonymous about the Occupy movement.

“I was told about Occupy months and months ahead of time,” he said. “I didn’t think it would happen, but when it did, I cut off everything I was doing, and got over there and on the ground.”

And, Carnes said, when he realized that people were donating money to the cause, he took steps to protect the dough — and the cause.

“I formed the financial accountability group because the donations were coming in, and the money was getting taken, so we started putting this together,” he said.

He officially registered Occupy Boston as a “doing business as” entity with the city of Boston on Oct. 18, city records show.
________

Darn those evil capitalists! :lmfao: