What do Americans really think about US foreign policy?

Valin

what-do-americans-really-think-about-us-foreign-policy
American Enterprise Institute:

Karlyn Bowman
November 18, 2011

At the GOP debate on national security and foreign policy Nov. 22, the Republican candidates will weigh in on such hot-button topics as Iran, Iraq, China, and Israel. At the root of their remarks lies an answer to a single question: What role should America play in the world? It's a question the American people themselves have wrestled with for decades. We at AEI do not believe that polls should be used to make policy. They are too crude for that purpose. Still, it is important to know what Americans are thinking and how those attitudes have changed over time. Below we review polls that illustrate some of Americans' values about foreign policy.

(Snip)

Thanks Valin.

If I read this and I were a liberal, I'd say "Republicans clearly favor Waterboarding (i.e. torture)" as the spin. You think that question might come up from this?

Thanks Valin.

If I read this and I were a liberal, I'd say "Republicans clearly favor Waterboarding (i.e. torture)" as the spin. You think that question might come up from this?

Waterboarding has already come up during the debates on November 11th. Caused quite a stir when Cain and Bauchmann both stated that they would re-institute the practice.

Thanks Valin.

The odds of it coming up are only slightly less than the odds of the sun coming up in the east tomorrow. In fact the Mn. GOP even has the I love to torture fuzzy bunny's caucus, it's an off shoot of the pollute all the rivers so all the fish will die working group.