Occupy DC violent protests at Tea Party event video roundup

Valin

occupy-dc-violent-protests-at-tea-party-event-video-roundup
The Right Scoop :

Nov 5, 2011

Last night at the Defending the Dream Summit in Washington DC, Occupy DC showed up and things got violent as people tried to break into the facility. Videos have been going around this morning and I wanted to aggregate them into once place to give you a good idea of what really happened last night, since the media seems fairly mum.

CONTENT WARNING: LANGUAGE

The first is by College Politico who was there to record protesters using their children to block the doors:
At the start of the scuffle the protesters had been able to get inside the convention center and set up a makeshift barrier. This barrier consisted of what appeared to be several large wood trash cans from the center, a large metal recycling bin from the center, the two small children sitting in their wagon, and several occupiers either sitting on the floor or standing up.

The security guards, which may have been assisted by police officers (I’m not sure), then began moving the trash cans and forcing back the protesters. At first only about 5 or 6 protesters resisted the security guards while the rest filmed everything but as they forcibly pushed the protesters and the children’s wagon out of the doorway other protesters became incensed. At that point several other occupiers began screaming and pushing back against the security guards.

(Snip)

Yup! The Occupy movement is just like the Tea Party!

3 people got hit by a car at the DC occupy. Not sure of the details.

There is a video at the link about that.

What I learned from this...don't stand in the middle of the street. As my buddy Gregg says...Mass dictates policy.

The Other McCain: F– Michelle Fields!’ — Interview With Reporter Harassed at Occupy DC Protest

November 5, 2011

MichelleFields.jpg

Michelle Fields stands next to a policeman while

covering ‘Occupy DC’ protests, Nov. 4, 2011

Michelle Fields, a young video reporter for the Daily Caller, was assigned to cover Friday night’s Occupy DC protests outside the Americans for Prosperity “Defending the American Dream” conference at the Washington Convention Center. In an interview Saturday morning, Fields described how she was targeted for harassment:

Robert Stacy McCain: You won’t be going back?

Michelle Fields, Daily Caller: I won’t be going back to cover it. I actually don’t feel safe going back to those protests, because they singled me out, they singled out the Daily Caller. I just don’t think it’s safe for me to be back around those people.

They actually had a person covering me all night, for about three hours, with someone walking around with a camera, screaming things out to me like, “You’re worse than Fox,” and attacking me, attacking what I’m wearing. So I won’t be returning.

McCAIN: Attacking what you were wearing?

FIELDS: Exactly, yes. I think they were just trying to figure out ways to upset me — about the clothing I was wearing, where apparently I shop, really strange stuff.

(Snip)

FIELDS: They were screaming stuff out like that. They were screaming like, ‘F– Michelle Fields!’

And when I tried to conduct interviews, an individual would jump in front of the camera and stop the interview, or block it with a piece of paper or cardboard, so that we couldn’t tape anything or talk to anyone.

McCAIN: Oh, my goodness. So while they want all the friendly media they can get, in terms of –

FIELDS: Exactly, yes. And so people started chanting, ‘Right-wing extremists,’ while we were trying to interview people, and they talked to people who were part of Occupy DC and told them not to talk to us. So they chanted that, they chanted songs at me that I’m ugly, like ‘U-G-L-Y, you ain’t got no alibi, you’re ugly,’ to me individually, and that I’m a ‘horrible person.’ It was, literally, just attacking me and the Daily Caller, but specifically me.

(Snip)

I have a solution that might solve this kind of problem...I think Napoleon said it..."A wiff of grapeshot."

Protesting is one thing THIS is not a protest, THIS is a riot.

3 people got hit by a car at the DC occupy. Not sure of the details.

There is a video at the link about that.

What I learned from this...don't stand in the middle of the street. As my buddy Gregg says...Mass dictates policy.

I saw a quote from one of the spectators saying something like "yes we were in the middle of the street, but he should have avoided us" or something along those lines.

Three activists protesting economic inequality were struck by a car and mildly injured late on Friday night as they attempted to block traffic near a gathering of conservatives in the nation's capital, police said on Saturday.

The protesters, who were transported to area hospitals with no signs of visible injury, were cited for obstructing traffic late on Friday night, said Araz Alali, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department.

"The driver saw he had the green light and the protesters then basically jumped in front of the vehicle to block traffic," Alali said. "It appears that the protesters jumped into the path of the vehicle."

Angry protesters swarmed the vehicle after the three were struck, police said. The group refused to disperse and police arrested three other protesters, who were charged with "failure to obey," Alali said.

Ah different story that the media started with, that the driver gunned the car and sped into the crowd.

Three activists protesting economic inequality were struck by a car and mildly injured late on Friday night as they attempted to block traffic near a gathering of conservatives in the nation's capital, police said on Saturday.

The protesters, who were transported to area hospitals with no signs of visible injury, were cited for obstructing traffic late on Friday night, said Araz Alali, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department.

"The driver saw he had the green light and the protesters then basically jumped in front of the vehicle to block traffic," Alali said. "It appears that the protesters jumped into the path of the vehicle."

Angry protesters swarmed the vehicle after the three were struck, police said. The group refused to disperse and police arrested three other protesters, who were charged with "failure to obey," Alali said.

Ah different story that the media started with, that the driver gunned the car and sped into the crowd.

This was bound to happen. As I've said before these a spoiled little children...and not particularly bright children.

We are made of soft tissue and bone...a car is made of metal

We weight (?)150-200 lbs....a car weights 2,000 lbs(?)

Yup I was right...don't stand in the middle of the street....bad things will happen to your body. I seem to recall learning this at 3-4 years old, but then I was a particularly bright child...Mom said so.

Here is Mark Levin's keynote speech at the event they were trying to interrupt.

I watched it earlier today. GREAT SPEECH!....but the He's not called The Great One for nothing.

I don't know what is going on, but I am listening to the Baltimore City Police Dept scanner and they are trying to get control of over a crowd of over 500 people fighting and causing a little havoc. Don't know what exactly they are fighting about yet, but with the OWS crowd I can only suspect it may be them. One cop just said a 'lot of kids out here'.

Cops have switched channels and can't hear what is going on. Still hearing on other channels that more cops are needed in the area of concern. Still don't know what has caused the trouble.