When Teens Attack

Geee

when-teens-attack
American Spectator:

My wife and I have different perspectives on the youth violence epidemic that currently plagues our urban neighborhood. She thinks some of the miscreants could be helped by more targeted after-school programs staffed by caring adults. I think there are plenty after-school programs and, besides, the teens perpetrating the violence, often after 11 p.m., are not the sort of individuals who would attend after-school programs. I believe more extreme measures are in order.

The back-story: since early summer, packs of up to a dozen young teenagers have been accosting random middle-aged or elderly males in an attempt to knock them out with a single blow to the head. At least seven such attacks have occurred in our part of town. One elderly Vietnamese immigrant has already died as a result. Last week, the mayor of St. Louis, Francis Slay, drove up as a group of young thugs was strolling casually away after one such assault. This week, seven juveniles, mostly between the ages of 13-14, were arrested for two separate incidents. Mayor Slay said he would like to see the teens charged as adults. Speaking to reporters, the mayor said:
In my mind, this is attempted murder… You crack someone like that and walk away nonchalantly like they did when we pulled up, they have no respect for human life or their fellow human beings.

The mayor' s words were welcomed, but it was only dumb luck that he happened to be driving by at the time of the attack. Many of us wonder if the incident would have received the same level of attention had he not witnessed the carnage first hand.snip

These kids don't need community outreach. They need parental outreach... a parent grabbing 'em by the collar and kicking 'em in the ass all the way home.

These kids don't need community outreach. They need parental outreach... a parent grabbing 'em by the collar and kicking 'em in the ass all the way home.

You would have a hard time locating one parent... Much less two with most of these "youth".

You would have a hard time locating one parent... Much less two with most of these "youth".

At age 13-14 the point of parental outreach has already past. If they have not been instilled with morals by age 6 or 7, they never will be.

Exactly my point. That's what they NEED and are not getting it, have never had it... hence, they are now dregs of humanity. "Community outreach" is not a solution.