California assemblywoman Mary Hayashi charged with felony grand theft

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
california-assemblywoman-mary.html
Sacramento Bee:

Assemblywoman Mary Hayashi has been charged with felony grand theft after allegedly being caught by security officers stealing nearly $2,500 in clothing from a San Francisco Neiman Marcus store.

The 45-year-old Castro Valley Democrat, wife of a Bay Area judge, pleaded not guilty Thursday in San Francisco Superior Court and is free on $15,000 bail pending further proceedings Nov. 15.

Sam Singer, spokesman for Hayashi, said the arrest occurred after she left the store while using her cellular phone.

"The incident in San Francisco was a mistake and a misunderstanding," Singer said. "The assemblywoman strongly believes in the justice system and is hopeful that this matter will be cleared up soon."

Hayashi, who is scheduled to be termed out of office next year, chairs the Assembly Business, Professions and Consumer Protection Committee.
________

She just wanted her fair share. :rolleyes:

"The incident in San Francisco was a mistake [i was caught!] and a misunderstanding,"[i didn't see the cameras....or I wouldn't have stolen the clothes...er...I forgot I was wearing them.....er....I'm redistributing clothes.....[/color] Singer said. "The assemblywoman strongly believes in the justice system ['Cause my hubby is a judge, of the State Supreme Court, you miserable peons!] and is hopeful that this matter will be cleared up [as soon as a we threaten....er....payoff.....er....an "accomodation" can be made with Neiman Marcus.....] soon."

"The incident in San Francisco was a mistake [i was caught!] and a misunderstanding,"[i didn't see the cameras....or I wouldn't have stolen the clothes...er...I forgot I was wearing them.....er....I'm redistributing clothes.....[/color] Singer said. "The assemblywoman strongly believes in the justice system ['Cause my hubby is a judge, of the State Supreme Court, you miserable peons!] and is hopeful that this matter will be cleared up [as soon as a we threaten....er....payoff.....er....an "accomodation" can be made with Neiman Marcus.....] soon."

You summed it up quite nicely.