Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. says he’ll be ‘vindicated’ in House ethics probe

clearvision

gIQA8wRyVM_story.html
Washington Post:

.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is predicting he’ll be “vindicated” by an ethics investigation into whether he or someone on his behalf offered to raise funds for ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich in return for an appointment to President Barack Obama’s vacated Senate seat.

“Let me be clear. I believe in the American system of justice,” Jackson, a Democrat, said Saturday at a Kankakee County NAACP dinner. “The process is continuing, but in the end I believe I will be vindicated.”

The House Ethics Committee announced earlier this month that it would resume a probe that began before Blagojevich’s trial. The panel had agreed to abide by a Justice Department request to take no action in the investigation, which is normal practice when the department is concerned a congressional inquiry interferes with its own investigation. :snip:

Does anyone expect him to say anything like this?

“Let me be clear. I believe in the American system of justice,” Jackson, a Democrat, said Saturday at a Kankakee County NAACP dinner. “The process is continuing, but in the end I believe I will be found guilty. That's because I did no this. Hey I'm a Chicago politician...what did you expect.”

There are no guilty people in prison...just ask them.