Sen. Harkin: Dems will hold majority in Senate, may win back House in 2012

Geee

189187-sen-harkin-dems-will-hold-senate-may-win-house-2012
TheHill:

A senior Democrat is predicting that his party will retain control of the Senate next year and could win back the House.

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) said during an interview on C-SPAN’s “Newsmakers” program that “the American people are sick and tired of this do-nothing Congress.”

Pressed on the fact that Democrats control the Senate, Harkin noted that the House is run by Republicans and added that getting legislation through the upper chamber almost always requires 60 votes.
Harkin said, “[W]e’re doing nothing because the Republicans in the Senate block us at every turn.”

Senate Democrats face a challenging election next year, having to defend 23 seats to the GOP’s 10.

Harkin expressed confidence, however: “I don’t think we’re going to lose the Senate. I really don’t. I think the Democrats will continue to keep the Senate. And quite frankly, with some of the dynamics I see out there, I thinks Democrats could actually retake the House of Representatives.”

Republicans scoffed at Harkin’s prediction.

Brian Walsh, communications director for the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said, “Even with the 2012 map and the poll numbers in our favor, Senate Republicans aren’t taking anything for granted. We will keep taking our case to the American people that the way to strengthen the economy and grow jobs starts with lifting the Democrats’ boot off the backs of America’s small businesses, which is one of the things a Senate GOP majority will aim to do.”

Harkin, who was elected to the House in 1974 and the Senate in 1984, has not decided if he will run for reelection when his term expires in 2014.

“I’m thinking about it,” Harkin said, later adding, “I don’t know. I’ll figure that out later on.”snip

Geee

A senior Democrat is predicting that his party will retain control of the Senate next year and could win back the House

Anyone who is surprised at this...please contact me...I've got a bridge in NY I can let you have cheap!