Guilty, guilty, guilty

Valin

guilty-guilty-guilty.php
Power Line:

Scott Johnson
10/20/11

The jury in the terror trial of the two Somali women who raised funds for al Shabab in Rochester, Minnesota, returned with a raft of guilty verdicts this morning. The women were convicted of charges including conspiracy to provide material support to a designated terrorist organization, of providing support, and of lying to the FBI. The jury deliberated for about 20 hours.

The ringleader was not exactly remorseful after the verdicts were returned. According to the AP, she stood before the judge and stated through an interpreter: “I am very happy.” She added that she knew she was going to heaven — but first she’ll be stopping off in prison. She condemned people in authority who accused her of wrongdoing (and anyone “who is against Muslims”), saying: “You will go to hell.” I’m pretty sure that includes Judge Davis, but count me in as well.

The investigation that resulted in the charges involved here has consumed the local FBI office for a matter of years. The investigation has previously resulted in a string of guilty pleas involving local Somali men supporting al Shabab. Investigators believe at least 21 Somali men have left Minnesota to join al Shabab. We’re a little concerned they might choose to return to Minnesota. It’s almost enough to make you think we have a problem, and that we should do something about it.
(Snip)

Valin!

(Wow, I sure didn't see this coming)sarcasm

"Nearly one in three people with Somali ancestry in the United States now live in the Minnesota, which has the largest concentration in the country, according to government data released Tuesday. snip

Minneapolis Public Schools reported 1,345 of the district's students spoke Somali at home during the 2008-2009 school year, and Shafi said the number is growing every year. He remembers a time when there were only two mosques in Minneapolis - now he can point to four on one block."