Who Will Save New York? Herman Cain?

Geee

who_will_save_new_york_herman_cain.html
American Thinker:

I've just had my fourth grown son move his employment or business from New York State to Virginia. A fifth had already moved to Colorado. A daughter and three grandchildren are still here both working and living. For how long I don't know because my son-in-law's situation is fluid and the school taxes they pay on a home he rebuilt from the ground up with his own hands is more money each year than the purchase price of my first house forty odd years ago, not two minutes walk away. More money than a lot of people make today. More money than many senior citizens have to live on.

"I'm single and tired of paying more than half my income in taxes" my last son to move south grinned, "so I decided to let you and Mom shoulder the New York state public school teacher's retirement fund all by yourselves."

I didn't see the joke. But I did get the point. I was and am long since sick of not only New York's school levies but every other tax, fee, fine, assessment, toll and stipend demanded by the Left-Wing Liberal New York Democrats, or Republicans' obsession with "services" or unions or white elephant status symbols. And the last isn't funny. When I drive by the huge complex of high-rise granite buildings in Albany built during the Rockefeller governorship in order to celebrate government, I feel like an ancient Egyptian must have felt looking up at the pyramids. I'm supposed to be overawed but all I can think about is the hard earned dollars taken from the average Joe and poured into these monuments to some pharaoh's self-importance. Not to mention all the generations of whipped to death slaves.

It's beyond reason. A social services' client number which keeps increasing in both good times and bad, an EPA determined to reverse the industrial revolution with its own statewide police department, billions in annual mental health services which never cure anyone but only "treats" them, the bottomless money pit of Medicaid, a bloated university system offering no-talent art students who will never sell a piece of their art completely equipped studios, not to mention the local items like money losing government run rural bus lines, senior citizen lunches and mobile health clinics that sit in supermarket parking lots day after day empty with the staff snoozing outside in the sun. All adding up to the fact that if offered any choice, you have to be a drooling idiot to continue let alone start a new business in New York state and pay for any of snip