Conference on the Constitutional Convention: Opening remarks by Lawrence Lessig and Mark Meckler

Valin

HarvardLawSchool
Harvard Law School:

HLS Professor Lawrence Lessig and Mark Meckler, co-founder and a national coordinator for Tea Party Patriots, delivered their opening remarks for the Conference on the Constitutional Convention at HLS on September 24, 2011.

On Sep. 24-25, people from across America and across the political spectrum convened at Harvard Law School to discuss the advisability and feasibility of organizing towards a Constitutional Convention. The conference was co-chaired by HLS Professor Lawrence Lessig, director of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University and founder of Change Congress, and Mark Meckler, co-founder and a National Coordinator for Tea Party Patriots.

Conference on the Constitutional Convention

Even with all the supposed safeguards, I'm afraid of the possibility that a CC could dilute the Constitution. There's nothing wrong with it as is. The problem is liberal interpretations run amok at all levels in the courts, especially the Supreme Court.

Even with all the supposed safeguards, I'm afraid of the possibility that a CC could dilute the Constitution. There's nothing wrong with it as is. The problem is liberal interpretations run amok at all levels in the courts, especially the Supreme Court.

I don't disagree....ie. nothing wrong with the Constitution...too bad we don't try governing by it.

While it does take a while to go through the wholew thing, I found it a fascinating discussion.

The Instanapundit speaks