Sarah Palin 2012 decision: Not running

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
65264.html
Politico:

Sarah Palin will not seek the Republican nomination for president.

The former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee announced the news to conservative radio talk show host Mark Levin and in a letter to supporters Wednesday evening.

“I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for President of the United States,” she wrote. “As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order.”

Asked if she will support the GOP nominee, Palin told Levin: “I have confidence in that. I look forward to supporting our nominee. … The right candidate will be elevated that will be our nominee. We’ll be able to get behind that person and make sure that Barack Obama is replaced.”

Palin will be appearing on Greta Van Susteren’s Fox News show on Wednesday evening to elaborate on her decision.

Palin’s announcement, made a day after Chris Christie held firm to his decision not to run in 2012, was widely expected. But the formal announcement solidifies the incredibly slow-forming GOP contest in a race that polls show as a Mitt Romney-Rick Perry slug-fest, that in recent days has also shown Herman Cain surging despite a lack of staff, money and infrastructure.

There remains chatter that she could run as an independent hopeful, a possibility that would let her continue to stoke speculation about her future heading into the spring and keep her relevant in the conversation.

Palin did not explicitly rule out a third-party run for the White House during her interview with Levin, though she said, “I would assume that a third party would guarantee” President Barack Obama’s re-election.
________

As reported on Fox News and others, Sarah is sitting it out in 2012, at least as a Republican contender.

Thank God, the tease is finally over.

As I have said many times, she is far more useful where she is right now, rallying the base, raising money, and drawing meaningless fire from the left.

All she would do by running is ensure that Romney wins the nomination.

If she wants to run, it's not like she is 80 years old. She has plenty of time to run if she so chooses to do so at some future date.

In other news:

Free Republic is Officially on Suicide Watch.

Her voice drove me up the frickin' wall (I never told A51 and EveningStar that)

Sabre86!

I bet some high and mighty and close to the Throne at TOS had a stroke. Google caches have a way of hanging round and round

I bet some high and mighty and close to the Throne at TOS had a stroke. Google caches have a way of hanging round and round

Here is a basic summary of what they're saying.

-The USA is dead tonight and cannot be saved

-I'm leaving the US and will watch it die from afar

-She stabbed us in the back

-She's a quitter

-I hate Palin

-She's no better than any other politician

-We're F***ed

-Third Party Here We Come

But my personal favorite: "I still think there’s a chance the electoral college will pick her after the election."

Who's really surprised by this? I just glad this "will she or won't she?" game of hers is over. I am highly interested on who her supporters throw their vote behind, though - I still feel sorry for the poor woman after all but I'm relieved she's not running for the nomination, since it would only help Romney.

Her voice drove me up the frickin' wall (I never told A51 and EveningStar that)

Sabre86!

I'm with you on her voice, just drove me out of it.

Read on TOS and they were going ballistic, almost as if she should be charged with treason.

snip

But my personal favorite: "I still think there’s a chance the electoral college will pick her after the election."

Sabre86! That'd be slightly south of no way in hell in statistical terms.