Labor Unions Join Wall Street "Occupiers" for Mass Rally

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
story?id=14673346
ABC News:

The cavalry has arrived in Lower Manhattan. Representatives from no fewer than 15 of the country's largest labor unions will join the Occupy Wall Street protesters for a mass rally and march today in New York City.

The AFL-CIO, United Auto Workers, and Transit Workers' Union are among the groups expected to stand in solidarity with the hundreds of mostly young men and women who have spent the better part of three weeks sleeping, eating, and organizing from Zuccotti Square.

Their arrival is being touted as a watershed moment for the "Occupy" movement, which has now seen copycat protests spring up across the country. And while the specific demands of the "occupiers" remain wide-ranging, the presence of the unions – implicitly inclined to making more direct demands – may sharpen their focus.

Today's action is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. ET, when the protesters in Zuccotti Square march approximately one mile north to Foley Square, where they will be met by community and labor leaders. Then, at 4:30 p.m., they plan to march together back down toward Wall Street. They do not yet have a city-issued permit for the gathering, but are now pursuing one.

The "Union March" is expected to be the movement's largest yet and there is the potential for a significant number of arrests. The New York Police Department booked an estimated 700 protesters Saturday as they attempted to cross the Brooklyn Bridge, bringing the total number arrested to over 1,000 in less than three weeks.
________

The hired thugs have arrived...

I wonder how long it is going to be before they start pillaging NYC?

And how will the gov and mayor react to it?

I hope they keep it up, it can only hurt the Dim party.

They don't have anything to worry about. The governor and mayor would only clamp down on them if they prayed in public and that ain't gonna happen.

I hope they keep it up, it can only hurt the Dim party.

As long as they're on a low salt no transfat diet, and are non smokers I don't thing Bloomberg will care, what the kiddies are doing.